Diarrhea and poo questions - sorry if tmi

stumpyjoe

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone else was having diarrhoea? I've had it now for two weeks, I've had the odd solid poo but then I'll have diarrhoea again the same day.
Second question, and I know this is random, but...we are told to eat spicy food to bring on labour but spicy food effects your bowel movement and makes them loose and at times stingy. Apparently it's quite common for women to have a poo when in the throws of labour. But what happens if you have a nasty diarrhoea stingy poo when your in labour? That's not gonna be nice for anyone! A stingy bum as well as foof - that's not what you need. Do they change the bedding? Surely they'll have to.
I think with me being so loose for so long it's been on my mind. I suffer with Ibs too so if this is gonna happen to anyone it'll be me.
Sorry if this is a bit disgusting I just don't know who else to ask and it's on my mind.

I'm having loose poop as I'm convinced my ass is broken lol

If it happens in labour not much u can do Hun. They put a disposable sheet under ur bum.
I'm scared to poop in labour :/

Ahh don't worry about it honey! Chances are your body is clearing out for baby, but diarrhoea really dehydrated you so make sure you keep on top of that. But innlabour you can still go to the toilet! When you're in the pushing phase your bum is shut off to make room for the baby, although with all the straining accidents do happen. They will change the pad and your baby will be born onto a clean one! If you are in first stage of labour then you should be keeping mobile anyway, just go to the toilet if you need to. Seriously don't worry about it, I'm sure the midwives have seen it all. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back