Diarrhea......advice

hellyH

Reaction score
So from scan other day, I'm about 13.3 weeks (need to change ticker) and for the past week have had diarrhea off and on, everytime I thinks it's gone, it come back with avengance! seen doc and midwife, who say maybe a bug, maybe hormonal, not sure, just keep hydrated. So by now it is a flippin nightmare, I have had bad 24/7 nausea since 6 wks anyway, but this is hidieous! I still have to eat cos am starving all the time, not sure what will go through me and what won't, been laying off milk which is torture, as prior to this was living off cereal. I also have terrible painful cramps with the diarrhea, proper agony! am at my witts end now, has anybody else had this and how did you get through and how long did it last? Any advice on diarrhea welcome, have not been able to leave house for a week :(

Ive had this it lasts for 24 hours and its about once every two weeks and i dont know why! I had bad sickness but that stopped a couple of weeks ago and now i just have this... its terrible because i have to call in sick sometimes because im up all night with it, midwife doesnt know why just said that if it continues may have to send off a sample (poor hospital people) Its horrible glad im not the only one with it tho! x

I had continuous diarrhea for 3 weeks between about 8 and 11 weeks. It was awful, I was going about 4 times a day most days and it looked like my food wasn't even being digested! I had to take a stool sample to the hospital to see if I had food poisoning but that came back as fine, so they had no idea what caused it! Luckily it went away on it's own and hasn't come back since. I hope yours gets better hun x

I had this on and off for a few weeks. It's nasty but i think its fairly common. All down to those lovely pregnancy hormones. Just make sure you drink plenty. If you are getting bad tummy pains etc then I'd speak to midwife.xx

thanks girls for advice, means a lot to hear from those who understand :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back