Diagnosed... Hashimoto's Thyroiditis

Sophie Johnson

Reaction score
What a name eh?!

So, I had my bloods taken AGAIN this week. Doc has diagnosed me with the above.
I am lead to think it basically means its an autoimmune problem and my body is fighting against itself. :wall2: Mainly my thyroid and it will keep attacking it until it removes it :eh:. Bloods a few week back showed the Thyroid levels were showing it was in-active, now the results show it is working better but the Thyroid anti bodies are far higher than they should be so its a matter of time before it will be defective again. This cycle will continue until thyroid gives up. Doc thinks its the early stages so its regular bloods to monitor levels and when it next ‘breaks’ then it will be time to medicte. Not keen on starting it too soon as once on it, thats it for life. However, if i fall pregnant then they will look to medicate immediately. As long as doctors are aware there shouldnt be any huge problems. Or if i have a Japanese baby with the name Hashimoto!

What a journey this TTC lark is!!

Hi Sophie,

What a nightmare, as if you need this extra level of stress! It sounds like it will not effect your chances of conceiving so try and stay positive as much as you can. Good luck!!

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back