DH working away

lora-p

Reaction score
Hi, My DH has been asked to work away for 2-3 days, which would be 4-6hrs drive away if he needed to come back,
I still have 7 weeks until my due date, he is unsure if to go or not,
What would use do? x

That is a hard 1 to call, as bubs could come anytime. if it was a fast labour he would miss it :(

But then you may over due or have a long labour. :?

I think it is a bad time for them to ask him to work away personally :(

Sorry I am of no help :hug:

I'd let him go for it. Its only a very small chance you would go into labour so early.

My OH went away on business for a few days around 34 weeks. He was 5 hours away. I was fine :) I enjoyed the peace and quiet and lazing around. Treated myself to an evening of TV he doesn't watch, pizza and a tub of ice cream :lol:

End of the day its what you both feel comfortable with. OH and I were fine with it and I had no cause for concern about possible early labour. My pregnancy was good and there were no health concerns to worry about that might cause early labour.

I'd let him go, but then i was pretty confident my baby wasnt coming anytime around then.

I'm due 29th and Dave is going away fishing 24th (i think) overnight with my Dad, so if i go in to labour that day it'll be just me and my mum. However he's only abotu 2 hours away and id tell him as soon as anything happened. I'll kill him if he misses it, but i think my labour will be quite long anyway.

Mine is going away for 3 nights working when I'll be 31 weeks but he's only 2 hours away and I'm not worried (I did wind him up a little though that baby might come early :twisted: )

Tell him just to make sure he has his mobile on him all the time so you can reach him.

7 days left would not make her baby early though. She is well and truly full term.

At anything before 37 weeks, i would defo say 'just let him go'....But as it stands at this second, she has 7 days till her due date. Lots of babies come at this time.

I did not have labour symptoms with my son. So, I guess, whatever you decide is a gamble.

Good luck :hug:

fuffins1981 said:
7 days left would not make her baby early though. She is well and truly full term.
:

7 weeks Fuffins :doh:

fuffins1981 said:

lora-p says 7 weeks :)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I read that 3 times as 7 days :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

God, i need to have this baby NOW :pray: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I could die now :oops:

Maybe I will go and edit it and pretend you are lying Sherry :rotfl:

I would say let him go, any time before 37 weeks and after that have him stick to your side like glue lol

Was talking to OH last night and said he's not allowed to go out and get drunk from 37 weeks onwards - I don't want him turning up at the hopsital wasted!

mandspice said:
Was talking to OH last night and said he's not allowed to go out and get drunk from 37 weeks onwards - I don't want him turning up at the hopsital wasted!

DITTO! I have banned Dave from getting drunk now, we wont be driving to the hossi so he can have 1 or 2 but i NEED him to be himself during labour. He can get quite clingy and soppy when drunk, i couldnt be dealing with the touching me i dont think lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back