DH- break down.

violet13

Reaction score
My husband has had a full blown break down today. He's been crying and sobbing which isn't him he's a calm cleare headed man but he's had a lot to deal with as I've been depressed and had some severe anxiety problems so I have outbursts when I'm upset and then I panic I've also been in hospital a few times for various things and now I think it's just far too much but he's seen his dr and now he doesn't want to speak to anyone else he's ashamed people have seen him like this and has snapped at me but I'm trying to help him best I can.
Advice please ladies xxx

sorry dont have any advice but didnt want to read & run. get as much support as you can from friends/family/ any professionals you may see to help cope

That's why I've posted here because they haven't helped us like at all if anything they've made it worse. :(

Do you know what the root of this depression is? Is it your relationship is it the children? Work?

If its work... i know its stressful but has he considered changing jobs? Might give him a fresh outlook on his career. Sometimes certain places cause more stress than its worth.

If its the baba's or your relationship has you thought of getting the kiddywinks minded once a week or fornight? Going out just you to even if its to the cinema or a meal and a couple of drinks. Me and my partner do this now every other week. Were currently living with my nan (upstairs is a flat) whilst we save for a mortgage. We put the baba to bed come half either and go out for 9/9.30. Only somewhere local whether its food or the cinema- but its not half anice little break....

You need to try and find a way to combat whatever he's stressed about- if its his job see if he can rectify it in the workplace if he cant- leave. This is what my partner did whilst i was pregnant. Literally a changed man! Much happier now.

Going out will also push you in regards to your anxiety- get you both more comfortable to going out in the open. A little bit of you two time might just be what the doctor ordered.

Good luck lovely xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back