Depo Help....Again (slightly TMI)

LisaJ1986

Reaction score
Ok. So i'm on my second round of the depo injection.

When i had my first i had a small bleed which lasted a few days. Then i had one over the time i assume it was leaving my system. I had a month where i didn't get it renewed. So had what i assume was a normal period, but it was only for 3 days and very, very light. Now i'm on my second round which i had about 8 weeks ago. But for over 2 weeks now i've been bleeding. It's alot heavier than usual. But it doesn't seem to be everyday. I mean, yesterday morning i went to the loo nd wiped some blood, but that was it.
And today it's started again. Mostly just when i wipe but some days i need a pad, some days just a liner. It's starting to bother me, coz like i say, it's now the 3rd week of it going on.

Could it be coz i missed a month, or is it coz it doesn't agree with me?

I know my sister had it but was told not to repeat it as she bled throughout and still bleeding 4 months on!

I just wanna go back to normal!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Unfortunatley Lisa irregular bleeding is quite common with the depo jab and implant so i think its either a case of waiting it out and seeing if the bleeding eventually sorts itself out or find another form of contraception.
I think the key to successfully using the depo is to have the jab religiously not leaving any time between topping up.
When i was on it and was coming to the end of the 12 weeks i started to have cramping and occassional bleeds so i was advised to return at the 11 week mark for the next jab and over time all bleeding stopped and i never bled again whilst on it.

I never intended on missing a month, my brain was all over the place at the time and i was never given a rough date to go back. I have this time though.
I may see how it goes over the next repeat, if i can't get on with it i may just change. It's driving me mad! I prefer the 9+ months of no bleeds! Lol

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I know exactly what you mean hun. I had my first period post birth at around 6/7 weeks then i had the implant put in which put a stop to it until recently when AF has returned :evil: what i would give to have no periods again i forgot how much a pain they are.

I would say if you are happy with that form of contraception then go for the next jab and give it that time to see if things get better for you. It could just be your body getting used to the hormones.

When I was on the deop I bled constantly but not heavily. It would almost dye off and just as I began to think it had stopped it would start up again the next day. I was constantly in pain with it. I had what felt like constant period pain. I started taking the pill before my top up was due. That hasn't even sorted me out. I used to come on my period on the second pill free day before I got pregnant and was taking it. Now I come on my period on the last pill free day and bleed for nearly two weeks!

I want my body to return to normal, it makes me so sad!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back