Day 5...

Tasha89

Reaction score
...of being overdue, grrr! Getting so impatient now! I'll be booked for induction on fri for next Mon if baby isn't here by the end of the week. I'm not overly fussed about been induced but I really want to be able to labour in the birthing pool and they wont let you in if you've been induced :-( Send me some labour vibes girls! Getting fed up now lol! Xxx

Lots of labour vibes heading your way, hope it all kicks off soon for you :)

I really hope things get going for you soon. And on the water birth front...have you asked your midwife about this? As I didnt realise but as long as your not put on the drip you can still be induced and have a water birth :) xxx

thats a shame tasha just keep thinking positive hopefully things kick off for u very soon xx x

Hope baby comes for you soon! I read somewhere that babys can come a week either side of there due date so youve still got 2 days! And if they book your induction babys usually pop out just before lol x

you wont have to wait long i got a feeling.. friday! a little girl! :love:

I really hope things get going for you soon. And on the water birth front...have you asked your midwife about this? As I didnt realise but as long as your not put on the drip you can still be induced and have a water birth :) xxx

Ooh! Now that IS interesting! You've got to take a sieve (Haha! Yes - a sieve!) into hospital with you if you intend to use the pool! I can only assume to clear any 'crap' :rofl: literally...

I went to Morrisons and bought my 79p sieve today so i'll be ever so disappointed if I don't get chance to use it!

I discussed use of the pool with my MW but not in the event of induction...i'll have to have words with her on Fri - she can be very vague when I ask her anything, useless witch! lol x

Hope it comes soon Tasha and that you get your water birth - I'm interested to know what your mw says cos I'm going to try for a water birth too.

Well i'm HOPING that I go in naturally before Fri's appointment but if baby stays put and I end up back at the MW i'll be sure to let you know what she says :)

There's only one pool at my local hospital but apparently it's hardly ever used so i'm praying it's free when I go in - I can imagine floating on my front really helping with the pain by keeping the pressure off my back :)

Last edited:
I've been listening to my hypnobirthing CDs in the bath - it is so relaxing, really want to be able to do it in labour as well.

btw love the bit about bring your own sieve!!

Hahaha! Fishing nets? :rofl: I just cant believe how casually in my leaflet it requests you bring a sieve if you want to use the pool! lol!

I wasn't going to buy one at first but if the pool was free and I wasn't allowed in it due to lack of sieve, i'd have a fit! Haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back