• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crying..

nori

Reaction score
Does anyone elses newborn just scream and scream from about 7 in the eveining for a couple of hours? I feed Ollie, i change him, he isnt too hot or too cold but he just screams and no matter what i do he doesnt calm down for a good couple of hours. He's fine in the day.. :wall:

Claire x

Sounds very much like Colic... Corey never had it, so I dont really want to go into the symptoms... google it, and have a read through, see if thats what you think it is.

IF it is, your options are

Infacol
Gripe water
Cranial ostiopath

And anything else these lovely ladys have tried and worked... on an up note its usually gone by 12 weeks.

Oh yeah, sounds like colic :( poor you.

Isla's been quite colicky, we found Infacol works best for us. It's quite inexpensive and it's worth a try hun :)

Yeah, what they said :hug:

Becky's stopped at 11 weeks. Literally overnight. We used to have to eat our dinner with her crying on the couch between us or one of us taking her in shifts. A bath was a good distraction and seemed to sooth her a lot. Carrying him in a sling so you can get on with things is good too. :hug:

i'd of said colic too try infacol just before every feed thats what we do with our boy

Sounds like colic.

We used Infacol before every feed (tho if you are formula feeding you can try something else if this doesn't help) and it takes a few days to kick in. Can use it for as long as needed. We stopped using it when LO was about 12 weeks old.

Also did things like rocking, massage etc.

Thanks ladies. I am using infacol and last night was only about an hour of crying in total which was good. I feel so sorry for Ollie though as he still has a bad cold. The saline drops are helping but hes still all bunged up.

Claire x

Have you tried carrying him in a sling? That worked wonders for us. We have a kari-me and LO still loves it.

Good luck :hug:

Hi,

My son used to do this, it is a very common time of day for colic/ overtiredness to kick in. I know it isn't what you want to hear but he will grow out of it. I'm sure you already do, but make sure you wind him down very slowly before his evening feed time. Allowhim a good half hour of gentle cuddle time and even maybe light some candles in his room and rock him before feeding. This won't work straight away but the more gentle associations your L/O developes around bedtime the more he will become used to that routine and know what to expect. Hang in there. One day you will be through this. The early days are so hard but so rewarding when your baby finds their rythmn.

Best of luck x x

I agree with the others and I'd say it sounds like colic. We found Infacol worked for Amber but you need to use it with every feed for it to work properly and takes a couple of days to kick in and start working. :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back