crying for 'no reason'/over tired

charlotte_

Reaction score
the past few days zach has been crying for 'no reason', he's fed, changed etc. the only reason i can think of is he's over-tired, because when we do manage to settle him (by holding him under the living room light :roll: or cuddling him really tight) he falls asleep almost immediately.
anything i can do to prevent this? or to anything else it could be?

The only thing I've found is to learn when they're getting tired and put them down before they get over-tired otherwise you end up rocking/shushing them to sleep. I'm just starting to learn when Calum is tired and I'm putting him down when I think he is. He'll either settle within a few mins or get pee'd off cos that wasn't what he wanted in which case I pick him up and go through the list again food/nappy/bored etc. I've only just started to pick up on his "tired" signals and my OH hasn't got it yet but it does seem to work.

Yeah Liam does this.

He can playing quite happily on his mat then all of a sudden he starts to rub his eyes/ears and cries. Its when he is tired/overtired and makes him really twisty.

I have to cuddle him in tight and he has a bit thrash about with his arms and legs then he'll be flat out.

xxx

ollie is the same.. i reakon it maybe their age. The baby whisperer book said when you see the 2nd yawn put them to bed. It worked for a week but this week Ollie doesnt want to be put down. Worth a try though..

Claire x

nori said:
ollie is the same.. i reakon it maybe their age. The baby whisperer book said when you see the 2nd yawn put them to bed. It worked for a week but this week Ollie doesnt want to be put down. Worth a try though..

Claire x

Yeah Ariana screams when i put her down regardless, although the holding close and patting her bum while she cries worked today twice was out in 5 minutes Brian just tried it and it didnt work she is still awake and crying

I definitely recommend learning their routine and getting them to nap before they're too tired. It takes a long time until you notice their cues, but it does help knowing they'll be tired soon.

Blake has been doing this the last couple of days i dont know what it is

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back