Cribs

Olive

Reaction score
My laptop is currently on the blink so haven't been on as much as I like recently. Thank god for mobile phones! Hope everyone is well.

Just wondered if anyone has a crib and recommends them? Brody is nearly too long for his Moses basket and I'm not ready for him to move I his room at all. I saw my SIL tonight and she has one and it's lovely. It seems a lot longer. Have been looking on gumtree for a bargain.

Thanks xx

My travel cot with crib insert has been brill for J. We bought a better mattress so he is better supported. Just thought I'd mention this option be cause its small enough to fit in the bedroom but gives plenty of room for LO. Also when he's finally moved to his own room and the cotbed we still have it as a travel cot for going away with.

I got a crib instead of a Moses basket and Kynon is still in it :) i think you could use them until they can sit themselves up or pull up as its really long but just has low sides. Its wider than Moses basket but Kynon does wake himself up sometimes moving his arms. Im hoping he can stay in it till we move him into a cotbed into his own room which will still be a few months away yet! I think he likes it as he can see me too!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Thanks ladies. He's getting way too big for basket. He's so long he'll be taller than his dad before we know it.

Ninj - what travel basket did you get? I like that idea too.

Xx

I got the Graco Contour Electra which included the bassinet insert, a clip on changing table (which has been invaluable), dangly toys, plays rather high brow music and vibrates. If you shop about they cost about £80 delivered.

You can get the right sized uprated mattress from Amazon or eBay. I remember it costing about £27. Also you can get the right sized fitted sheets from Amazon too.

I have a rocking crib from babies r us and I love it. The only problem is that I have never been able to use the rocker part as we didnt get home from hosptial till harry was a week old and by then he could pretty much roll himself over so I was too scared to use it but it has a static mode which is great!!
xxx

Thanks ladies. After posting, I looked on gumtree and found a rocking M&P crib for £30! So went and picked it up today :D Will be trying it out tonight.

Still liking the travel cot idea though. My SIL is due in April and has bought one so thinking we may share (or hoping! lol)

x

It went well thanks ladies :) Will take a pic when I go up to bed :D xx

First he was in the gro swaddle tonight but after much kicking about he's in a sleeping bag. Lol. Although I think this bag is almost too short now. He's growing waaaay too fast it's scary! The last pic he's having a kicking hissy. He tends to do this before falling asleep all of a sudden lol.

Best thing about crib, other than more room - I can see him easier next to bed (no peering over required) and it rocks :D

Xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330387809.858333.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330387809.858333.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 10
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330387821.880934.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330387821.880934.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 9
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330387834.499563.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330387834.499563.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 7
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330387847.165790.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330387847.165790.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 8
Awww he looks so cute in there! We got the breeze rocking crib in white for Caleb because he was just HUGE in his moses basket. He loves it, he's always slept a lot better when he has room for his arms! The only think is we've had to tuck a cot bumper around his crib because he kept getting his arms stuck between the bars. He loves holding onto things but then lets go when he falls asleep and then his arm gets stuck when he moves! So we can't see him through the bars now, which I loved! But I'd rather not see him and he be safe! xx

Thank you :) xxx

I did wonder about the bars. They're wide enough I think not to get stuck but he could whack himself. Will need to have a think. Did his arms actually get stuck stuck? Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back