Credit cards

Should have mentioned that ours is paid in full every month x

I have a topshop one that I used to use but I've now cut them it up and don't use it.

I'm planning on getting a car on finance next year but then I don't think I'll have been in employment long enough anyway so it would have to be in my mums or OHs name? And I just pay for it.

I'm thinking stay clear. Seems too easy to wrack up debt that I'd never be able to pay off.

I have a topshop one that I used to use but I've now cut them it up and don't use it.

I'm planning on getting a car on finance next year but then I don't think I'll have been in employment long enough anyway so it would have to be in my mums or OHs name? And I just pay for it.

I'm thinking stay clear. Seems too easy to wrack up debt that I'd never be able to pay off.

I had only been at my current job 3 months when I got my car on finance. they just wanted a garontor (sp?) so my dad signed as that

Using tapatalk so excuse the typos! & I can't see tickers

I have a few credit cards. I don't see the problem with them particularly. If you don't think you can trust yourself with one then it's perhaps a bad idea.

I always buy white goods with credit cards for the extra protection they offer.

I don't pay interest on any of my balances either. I get offers sent through every few months on my existing cards that have no balances and I switch any balances I have to 0%.

Read moneysavingexpert for tips, very useful website.

If used widely they can make you money if you get cash back one.

Brilliant website!! Thank you!

I think if I do get one I'm going to do what he says and get a 0% one for 16 months and then cut it up :) was also helpful as I want to change bank accounts so gave me lots of info :) xxx

If you want to build up a credit history there are probably better ways of doing it where you might get more benefit, say a mobile phone contract or a sky subscription? As long as you are on the electoral register at your address, you should have no problems with something like this.

The best option for a credit card is to only use it for emergencies etc and have a direct debit set up to pay the full balance every month. Make sure your credit limit is fixed to something that's not beyond your means (eg a months wages after bills), and if they increase it, ask them to reduce it back down. Personally for me its too much temptation!

we have a CC to build up credit score it gets paid off every single month. we're both too concious of how we spend money/how much we have etc to not. We got ours (i says our its OH's) as he gets double necatr points on food or something if he uses it and tbh thats al lwe use it for really. that and if we were to have anything to buy online thats large. It works well for us and we only buy the food we normally buy so its not a big deal to use it that way.....:)

i think if you couldnt trust yourself to remain within your means with one then there is no point and you will end up in trouble with it. But we're far too scared to go over the use.....

I'm staying away! I already find it too hard not to just dig my bank card out when I have know I should be saving and not spending let alone being trusted with plastic money on a credit card with no real stop point!

I have a Capital One CC and it has come in so handy. I first got it when I was pregnant with Grace, I spent the £200 on it and paid it back within in a year (Minimum of £5 every month). They then upped my limit to £500 and although I'm paying back more every month (Minimum of £15) it certainly came in handy for baby things. I've paid back about £100 of it now so only £400 to go. If used wisely they are definitely helpful. xxx

I have 2 credit cards, dh has 2 credit cards, we have loans on both our cars, a loan on our house, and a small loan for my engagement ring. Its not that uncommon for these kinds of things (financially) over here. I can afford the payoff for all of it except the house, but its better for my credit score to have the loans and just pay on them. Plus my credit cards both have a higher spending limit which is nice in case of an emergency or something. All about how you manage your money

I do little payments with mine for the same reason so I get a credit raising.
So I buy a pair of jeans, or petrol.

Then when it's on the card I pay it off.

As Torino said of you can't trust yourself they're not a good idea

I have a couple as does hubby-my tesco one is fab as I earn clubcard vouchers - I have £200 worth of vouchers now for nothing.

I always pay off every month as I can afford to

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back