• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Creams for nappy rash.

Summer

Reaction score
Hello I hope this is the right section for my question. I am looking for advice for nappy rash cream. My daughter has a bad rash which I think is due to her teething. Is there any creams which I could buy over the counter to help with this?

Thank you.

I find vaseline the best, and the cheapest. I tried sudocreme and metanium on Maia once when she was really bad and none cleared it, vaseline cleared it overnight.

Also lots of nappy off time should help too. Hope it clears up soon.

Thank you for your quick reply. I have tried the sudocreame & vaseline but neither dseem not seem to be working on her?

Boots' own brand antiseptic nappy rash \cream is good aswell

CoreysMummy said:
Nappy off and bepanthen works a treat for us!

Snap! I swear by Bepanthen now, I tried everything, but it's the only thing that works for us! Cornflour on the bum when the rash is in it's last stages works too.

Oh, and Aston & Parsons teething powders can also help clear it up as they settle the tummy and stop the acidic poo!

Thank you, I will go into Boots and get some Bepanthen tomorrow as anything is worth a try. Thank you very much.

Charlie:-) said:
I find vaseline the best, and the cheapest. I tried sudocreme and metanium on Maia once when she was really bad and none cleared it, vaseline cleared it overnight.

Also lots of nappy off time should help too. Hope it clears up soon.

i swear by this too...its one of the best pieces of advise i was ever given by my HV

ive used metanium and bepanthen aswell they are good but vaseline is best

Is vaseline and sudocreme not barrier creams? She already has a bad rash so maybe this is why neither of them are working?

Drapolene and nappy off time. Its fab stuff but it really stinks! A proper antiseptic smell!
Hope the rash clears up soon! :hug:

Geordie&Bairn said:
Works a charm no nasty chemicals in it, it lasts forever ( so dont be put of by the price ) and Colliers never got nappy rash since we started using it
:D

I would also opt for something natural. If your baby has sensitive skin it could be that some of these products are just further irritating that. I avoid using products containing certain things (SLS, parabens etc) on my own skin for this exact reason.

I used it on Maia, the one and only time she had nappy rash and she had it pretty bad. My HV recommended it and I used it for a week and it didnt clear it, I then went onto Vaseline and it cleared overnight.

LaineyG said:
CoreysMummy said:
Nappy off and bepanthen works a treat for us!

Snap! I swear by Bepanthen now, I tried everything, but it's the only thing that works for us! Cornflour on the bum when the rash is in it's last stages works too.

Oh, and Aston & Parsons teething powders can also help clear it up as they settle the tummy and stop the acidic poo!

Same here, wouldnt be without it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back