cravings?!

trixipaws

Reaction score
i'm still craving ice cubes (altho ive heard its quite common in pregnancy), my favourite are the ones from Subway (where u press a button and they come out of the dispenser in little pellets!)

do u think its gross what i had for my tea tonite and also last nite: mushy peas, heated in microwave with lemon juice, then sprinkled with chilli powder and grated cheese! my boyf looked at me, wrinkled his nose and said "what the f*** are u eating?!" i thought it was yummy tho!

has anyone else eaten anything a bit bizarre?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I think my OH would say the same lol!

I havent had any food cravings (I'll eat anything at the minute!) but we've been stripping the wallpaper off and theres something about the plaster on the walls that seems really appealing :rotfl: I honestly just feel like crunching some in my mouth :oops:

Last time I was pregnant it was chewing sponge. And the smell of soil on potatoes :lol:

Nope, no wierd ones thank god.

Still munching on Campbells Meatballs, Granny Smiths apples(always eat these when preggers but never any other time) and Prawn Crackers Mmmmmmmmmm. :D

x-kirsty-x said:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I think my OH would say the same lol!

I havent had any food cravings (I'll eat anything at the minute!) but we've been stripping the wallpaper off and theres something about the plaster on the walls that seems really appealing :rotfl: I honestly just feel like crunching some in my mouth :oops:

Last time I was pregnant it was chewing sponge. And the smell of soil on potatoes :lol:

:rotfl: ha ha ive craved non-food as well; i clean my toothbrush every nite with soap, and at the moment we have palmolive honey&milk handwash in the bathroom. one morning i cleaned my teeth and i mustnt hav rinsed the soap out properly, i could taste it and wanted to drink the soap! (i didnt of course, that would be dangerous!) i satisfied my soapy-perfumey cravings with a big bag of floral gums i ordered from aquarterof.com!

apparently, wanting to eat soap or plaster or sponge is an eating disorder called pica! and pregnant women and young children are more prone to it. i remember as a little girl (about 3 or 4) eating crayons! :rotfl:

I've read that pica means you have an iron deficiency? :think:

I was anemic before I fell pregnant and now Im always breathless and Im craving plaster :lol: which are both signs of anemia, Im sure I still am.

Im gonna ask for a blood test to check :?

trixipaws said:
mushy peas, heated in microwave with lemon juice, then sprinkled with chilli powder and grated cheese!

That sounds pretty good actually, I love mushy peas!

Hi

Wow some of you have some nice cravings :lol:
I just got a craving for an oreo mint blizzard from Dairy Queen and a chicken ceasar Donair, its 915 pm and ive just sent Bernie on a run since Kiara is in bed
Katrina

Ditto with the sponge chewing! Also had a thing last time for all cleaning materials in particular Jif (Cif) bathroom mousse - never actually ate any but really really wanted to! :oops:
This time for me its been ice lollies and right now I've got a big bowl of Ben & Jerrys cookie dough ice cream... yummy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back