• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crap midwife?

seejai

Reaction score
Hi

Emma tells me she has concerns over our current midwife, things like not overly confident in her ability and she dosnt seem that organised. also we always struggle to see her when we need to, all the emphasis seems to be on us contacting her and changing our plans to be able to see her. just dosnt seem right somehow, surely she should be on hand to help? i got really narked off the other week and had a word with her and she managed to come round our house to see emma in the end instead of emma going to the doctors which was much better. but generally it dosnt seem like we are getting the best service possible - am i being too fussy?

have any of you changed midwifes due to this sort of thing? how important is she? will she be there at the birth?

thanks

Hey!
I changed my midwife due to communication problems. You are entitled to chose who cares for you. I would get in touch with the team leader, MW are really streched at the minute, so it may be due to the service as a whole, which they need to know about. As for will she be at the birth again it depends on how the service is set up. I was unable to have a homebirth as they couldn't guarantee that my initial MW wouldn't be on call, in hospital they have more staff to play with
HTH :flower:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont get me started on midwifes lol. I need to remind mine to take my blood, she is never available and doesnt seem confident at all. I cant change cos there is no one else free but i didnt go see her for over 2 months cos i was that sick of her! With my last child, my community midwife was not at the birth, its different midwifes when you get to the hospital thank the lord! I would be scared if it was this woman left in charge of me giving birth. I feel some of them are more hassle than they are worth! I wouldnt want to tell yous not to go see yours just incase something did go wrong and it was left unnoticed but this is obviously your choice to make

My midwife is capable.. but so anti social. There is no rapport there atall, its just rubbish, Im dreading when she decides to do a sweep. I might aswell sit at the bus stop and ask a stranger to do it LOL

Chances are your midwife wont be at the birth unless its a home one.

thanks!! seems like there is a pattern emerging perhaps? lol, na all the ones i met at solihull were really nice! we are hoping to have a waterbirth so guessing our current midwife wont be there for that!

Yeah she will prob only be there if she happens to be on call when labour begins. I really like my midwife luckily, I havent come across anyone who I have had a problem with during my pregnancy. TBH I thought I'd hate them all!

sorry to say mine is really good but can be hard to get in touch with because of how stretched they are over the whole service which is not her fault xx

Iv'e seen three different ladies, one at 10 weeks, one at 17 weeks and one at 27 weeks. You don't seem to get any appointments any more. the last one was really nice, but all said they were not the local and normal midwife. I now have 34 week slot with consultant at hosp, and no more midwifes appointments, so don't know if I'm supposed to call the surgery to book her at some point or just stick with hosp. Hosp might be a better bet to be honest, as I'm not impressed and having hosp birth anyway.

shame as it's not most midwifes faults, they are spread too thin, but a few bad ones give others and the system a bad name really.

Maybee your be lucky and get a different one when in labour X

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back