Cramps and bloating

CLF88

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

After two years trying we finally got our BFP on Saturday, I checked again with another on Saturday with a date indicator that said 1-2 weeks, so it's very very early. We couldn't be happier, however, it's so early on and I feel terrible already, my boobs are very sore but it's the bloating and cramps that are worrying me the my. It feels as though I'm about to have a period any minute....is this normal?

Is there anything I can do to smooth this? I'm going to ring the docs first thing tomorrow, but knowing my surgery I won't be seen for a week!

How have others felt this early on?

Thanks

Hi! Someone told me that it feels as if your period is due for the whole first trimester which put my mind at ease! I did for a few weeks but it feels different now. It helped me to take gentle exercise like walking but also get plenty of rest. Also drink plenty of water. Hope you feel better soon. :)

That makes me feel better! Thank you. I know I'll feel so much better when i've been to the doctors and registered with a midwife.

I'm 6-7 weeks and I have felt like my period was about to come on for the last 4 weeks or so. Don't worry :)

I feel exactly the same and as far as I've been able to find out, it's perfectly normal. Like Blueflower said, for some it lasts the entire first trimester, and occasionally even longer.
For me it helps to keep warm and not stand up for too long. Since it's growing pains in the uterus rather than muscle cramp, you might need a different approach than you'd use during your period. Try different things and see what suits you. And remember, you can still take paracetamol if you need to!

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

I feel exactly the same and as far as I've been able to find out, it's perfectly normal. Like Blueflower said, for some it lasts the entire first trimester, and occasionally even longer.
For me it helps to keep warm and not stand up for too long. Since it's growing pains in the uterus rather than muscle cramp, you might need a different approach than you'd use during your period. Try different things and see what suits you. And remember, you can still take paracetamol if you need to!

I went to the doctors this morning to confirm pregnancy and get referred to a midwife! He told me it was perfectly normal and recomended light swimming, which I do anyway! I feel much better now I know others are having the same symptoms - thanks everyone

I didn't know you could take paracetamol I've just stayed away from everything!

Yeah I checked with the nurse at our early scan and she said paracetamol was fine. No prawns or soft cheeses though. :(

Paracetamol doesn't pass the placenta, so it's perfectly safe. It's the anti-inflammatory painkillers you need to avoid. As a side note, if you ever suffer serious pain during pregnancy, opiates such as cocodamol (did I spell it right?) can also be safe in small doses. But of course you need to discuss that with a doctor.

Hope you are feeling better soon. My cramps come and go. Yesterday was pretty ok until night time when uhm, I had an orgasm. After that it hurt like heck. Perhaps muscles squeezing the uterus or some? Anyone else experienced something like that?

That's interesting about paracetamol not passing the placenta.
I have been avoiding orgasms just in case, but its quite tricky! How long did the pain last?

Just a couple of minutes. But it was a bit frustrating, because with period cramps, I find that orgasm helps. Having to avoid it for nine months doesn't make me happy. But it might have just been a one-off, and I can imagine it would not be a problem later on, when the uterus is bigger and "sturdier".

I'm not going to avoid them for the whole time, maybe just until the after the 12 week scan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back