Cows milk question

Babylicious

Reaction score
Harrison is turning 1 in 6 weeks and I just wondered what u all do regarding cows milk, I intend to give whole milk? do I stop him having bottle and offer beaker and is it ok to warm it up?

I think im going to be giving Corey a bottle before bed till hes like 15!! I love the quiet cuddles and snuggles!! Hes never having milk in a cup thing, iv decided :D

But, yeah, u could warm it up... i dont see a problem with that!!

Full fat milk is the one :)

I'd be inclined to move over to a beaker or a cup rather than a bottle due to bottle rot (of teeth).

Also to try to have milk before brushing teeth and bed and then to offer only water overnight. Again all to help prevent damage to teeth.

Although Galen is BF we only give him his water in a cup or a beaker and will carry on with this once he fully weans from me. No bottles with milk. I'll offer it in a beaker or cup and then brush teeth, story and cuddle and bed.

Sherlock said:

I'd be inclined to move over to a beaker or a cup rather than a bottle due to bottle rot (of teeth).

Also to try to have milk before brushing teeth and bed and then to offer only water overnight. Again all to help prevent damage to teeth.

Although Galen is BF we only give him his water in a cup or a beaker and will carry on with this once he fully weans from me. No bottles with milk. I'll offer it in a beaker or cup and then brush teeth, story and cuddle and bed.
What Sherlock said! :D
When my older 3 changed to cows milk, I gave it them in a cup! I did introduce the cup early on so they had the hang of it and were all fine when the time came to switch! :D

We are planning to switch to cows milk in a bottle first, to get her used to the different taste. Then we will wean off a bottle onto a cup as soon as poss after that, I was advised that bottles are fine as long as you only use them for milk and brush teeth afterwards.

Sherlock said:

I did as Sherlock says. DD had never really had bottles or taken to them, but had had a free flowing sippy cup with water from 6 months.

When the time came to change to cows milk, I just gave it to her in a non spill cup (to differentiate from her water sippy cup and to save my carpets!), straight from fridge. She still has it like that now. I would try straight from fridge and see how you get on.

Valentine Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back