Cows milk protein allergy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlene09

Reaction score
So my son Cabhan who is 3 years old eventually got diagnosed with a cows milk protein allergy in January.
Ever since birth he as always reacted to coes milk, anything dairy basically. At first we thought it was a intollerance to lactose but when i took a stool sample to the GP everything came back fine. He started school september last year and for the first few weeks of being in school he constantly kept pooing himself, there was a pattern that it was half one on the dot every single day, I asked school what he had had for lunch that day and it wasn't only dairy that he'd had, turns out they were giving him milk at 10:30 and it was taking 3 hours to work its way through his system and cause a reaction.
Anyway, I then decided to completley cut dairy from his diet and put him on soya/hemp milk and ever since then he has been fine.
He came home from school a few weeks ago with the runs and bellyache and hives on his cheeks, when i asked him what he'd had for lunch he said strawberry yogurt so i went into school and explained to them that he CANNOT have dairy, they said this was a mistake and it wouldnt happen again.
I was then told to fill in a dietary requirement sheet and circle everything he COULDN'T have and that this information would be passed onto the school cook, anyway today I have gone and collected him from school and he has had another reaction, when I've asked him what he's eaten he said "brown yellow and pink ice cream" which i assume is neopolitan. Hes covered in hives, diarrhoea and complaining with bellyache and hasn't eaten his dinner.

I am so annoyed!!! Even after me telling school NO DAIRY it's happened again

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1457722055031.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1457722055031.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 30
  • uploadfromtaptalk1457722060694.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1457722060694.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 29
That is just not acceptable. My lo has cmpa but he was diagnosed at just a few weeks old as was so severe. Accidents happen and at times he has reactions to something I've missed. But this isn't an accident they have knowingly fed your son something they are aware he can not have. I'd demand to see the head as it's not on. Ask him how he would like to be poisoned because that's what they are doing to your son. I'm so mad for you :/
I've heard the cries and cleaned up water poo and it's just not on. Demand that they keep a food diary of everything he eats xxx

Hi, I suggest that you need to consult his pediatrician too for some advice regarding his allergy to foods.

I wonder if this would have happened if he had a nut allergy. I think a lot of people underestimate a dairy allergy. Hope he's feeling better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back