cousin gave birth on conservatory floor!

ceris

Reaction score
yep... she has IBS, thought her contractions were that so took a laxative! next thing, waters broke and went into labour!!!
she managed to ring paramedics, but by the time they got there she had the head out herself!! absolutely amazing!! both mum and baby zachary are well...
thing is, i skipped the bit in my book about what to do if you go into labour on your own because i thought it never happens in real life!! Gonna swot up on it now!!
xxx

aww congrats to you and your cousin, and well done her for going through all that and getting the head out. how scary. thin i defo have to read up on going int o labour on your own, my oh wont start paternity till lo's here so might be at work :-( xx

oh that made me think, might have to leave the front door unlocked when it gets near the time incase paramedics have to let them selves in!!!!

I have had this thought too- nearly got stuck in the bath the other day and the front door was locked and bolted on the inside!.......read that bit in my book the other day, be bloody scary if you were doing it on your own.......am def leaving the front door unbolted when on my own!!

Congrats to ur cousin! I have IBS but don't take laxatives......hopefully I'll be ok :-s

yeah a girl from my antenatal classes started to get contractions, went into hospital just to be sent home as she wasn't in an established labour yet, and then when she got home things happened really quickly! She never made it to the hospital again and gave birth at home :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back