Birth story!

Emilyandbump

Reaction score
Well as you know i was being induced on the saturday. I got to hospital at 930, but they were very busy, so kept me hanging around for ages!

Finally after checks of baby etc. they put a pessary in my cervix (which was not ready at all!)
at 330pm.

I was then moved down to the ward for things to start happening. By about 8pm i was feeling abit heavy and crampy, but nothing significant.
My partner had to go home :( And if anything happened obviously come back in.

I managed to get a couple of hours sleep, but then the midwife put me on the monitor to make sure everything was ok. When she took me off she said i was contracting 4 in 10mins! She wanted to examine me, but i was so tired that i refused cos i wasnt feeling them!
I managed to sleep abit more, but noticed i was getting pains. By 3am i couldnt sleep anymore and thats when the pains started really bad. I wandered round on the ward and tried to hold off saying anything till they were unbareable. By 5am i couldnt take it anymore and told the midwife.
She examined me and found i was 3-4cm! So i moved up to delivery, told my mum and partner to come in. I got straight on the gas and air cos by this point, breathing through wasnt helping!

At 645am the midwife broke my waters and i was still 4cm but very stretchy! There was meconium in my waters, so midwife phone a baby doctor to be there when he was born to make sure he hadnt inhaled any.

The contractions got so intense by this point and was already feeling the need to push abit.

2 contractions later i REALLY needed to push, so i did. And 8 minutes later Baby Taylor was born at 7.54am on Sunday 15th April weighing 8lb 15oz! My biggest yet! My labour was 4 hours and 58mins from my first noticable contraction. I was sort of expecting it to be quite quick though as my last birth was only 4 hours.

The doctor checked him over and was satisfied he hadnt inhaled and swallowed any of his poo!

I had to have stitches, and didnt excessively bleed like i did with my first two, so was very pleased!

Congratulations to the other ladies who have had their babies, i will try and catch up when i can! xx

congrats hunni well done you will have to upload a pic of him for us all to awww over x x x

Oh wow, that sounds like a great birth! Huge congratulations!

Glad everything went well! Congratulations! And under 5 hours as well, lucky you!!!

Well done and a very big congrats! Hope you and family all doing well xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back