council & reusable nappies

purplepants

Reaction score
Ive heard a few people saying about some councils giving some money back towards reusable nappies, ive been on my local council website but cant find anythng about it so i dont think they do a sceme like that but im not really sure what i am looking for? is there any websites with more info that list the councils that do give the grant/sceme or whatever it is.

im sure this has been talked about before but i cant find the link or i may of imagined a link to an imaginary site :lol:

Thanks Bekie, its so anoying blackpool council does not have an insentive sceme but if i moved litraly about 5 miles up the road i would then be under lancashire county council and they give £45 back towards the cost of nappies :evil:

:evil: Thats rubbish! Its similar here i am right on the county border for 3 other counties that have incentive schemes and yet the best i can hope for is 10% if i order through our local nappucino :roll: One council gives £70 :shock: oh to live there!!

Do you have friends who live in the right area, use disposables so would be happy to apply on your behalf?

kalia said:
Do you have friends who live in the right area, use disposables so would be happy to apply on your behalf?

That wouldn't work - the friends would then find that the council won't collect their disposable nappies or give them disposable nappy bin bags!

We don't get it here either, though both neighbouring London boroughs do. Friends say that you have to fill out an application form and tick one of two boxes - either to register for the real nappy scheme, and get the voucher/information pack, or to register for a disposable nappy collection service, with special sacks and a weekly collection. If you use real nappies, occasional disposable ones have to go in the normal household waste bag, which gets collected every two weeks. Fine if you have 3 or 4 nappies in there, less good if you are using disposables every day, and have 2 weeks' worth (or up to 140 stinking nappies, depending on age!!!) sitting in your house for a fortnight.

I think it would depend on what was on offer in the area. Highlands give a nappy bucket and lots of different nappies and wraps for £10. Our friend got it, decided against it and gave it all to us. I think there was about £60+ of nappies in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back