could you tell me.... updated!!!

Melly+2

Reaction score
sorry to keep going on boutb this but for those who have had babies with chest infections, how long did it take for antibiotics to work??? hope deoesnt seem much better after 5 days???
WELL the nurse says that i should wait till she has finished the course of antibiotics and she will still have a cough even after the infection has gone, i waited an hour for her to phone me back and tell me that!!!
Sorry i cant help gtiing woried, you must be sick of me now :(

kick in real fast.
usualy after a day i have seen a dfference.
take her back to the docs hun. or maybe give them a call first?

thanks dionne she is still really chesty:( its worrying me

the doc told me that coughing is good that way they are coughing it out.

i have always found anti biotix to work straight away so im not sure hun :?

but NHS direct are bril you just ring them tell them, they will tel you wether you need to see a doc or not 0845 4647

When Olivia had it just after christmas the anibiotics statred to work within 48 hours!

Id take her back if you are worried!

just phoned them, will let yiyu know what they say x

ryans a really chesty baby and even tho im sure he should be immune to the anti biotics by now they start to work in about 3 days.

hope she gets on ok at the docs :hug:

like i said at the top sshe says she will still have the cough for a while, she hasnt got a temp anymore do you think it means they are working, she is having baby paracetamol too xx

nathans last c.i. was like this he was still rattly and coughing after his antibiotics but his temp was down and his chest sounded clear which is fine. i took him back and they gave him an inhaler to make it a bit easier for him at night. all in all it took about 2 weeks to clear up.

Ellis has been coughing for over 3 weeks now. but now its just at night. I am taking him to doctors tomorrow. i'll let you know what they say xxxxx

hey sweetie
B suffers with chest infections badley probably becouse he is asthmatic
he has just finished some more antibiotix and his chest still hasnt cleared properly so im taking him to docs tomoz
id wait till she was finished give it 3 days if she is still not well take her back

Have you tried some vapour rub to try and releive some of the catarrh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back