:(

Sofarsogood

Reaction score
I'm so ill!

About 4 weeks ago I came down with the common cold. After suffering for around a week I went to my Dr who diagnosed a chest infection and gave me (pregnancy safe) antibiotics.
I went back to the Dr's a week later when the course finished cause they had done absolutely nothing to take it away and I was starting to feel even worse! I was told I would just have to bare with it! :cry:
Then last Friday I had to go into hospital because on one of my coughing fits I got this massive agonising pain in my chest - it felt like my rib had broke and was pointing inwards!!!!! I've now been diagnosed with pleurisy and have been given more antibiotics but it still doesn't seem to be having any effect :cry: :cry:

Sorry, I just needed a rant...can't believe I've been like this for almost an entire month :(
Anyone had this before?

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Poor you that's awful. I don't really know much about it but I know it's not a very nice thing to have.

I hope you feel better really soon

awwww no, Pregnancy already comes with its ups and downs without being ill all the time to :( :hug:

Jeez hun! poor you :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I remember my Mum having pleurisy and it was the scariest thing ever, she was so poorly. I REALLY hope you get better soon. Take lots of care and rest :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

xxx

aww you poor thing
ive never had anything like that
hope you get better soon though
manda xx

That sounds really nasty - not fair!

Hope the new antibiotics start to work soon. In the mean time curl up somewhere warm and comfy.... :hug:

when i was pg with dd i had a bad cough for ages and one day also like you said got an agonising pain in my side, went to A&E and there was nothing they could do, said it was a torn muscle :shock: it was bad for a while, i couldnt breath in or cough without pain, but it subsided after a while :)

Awww poor you, I can really sympathise. My hubby had pleurisy at Christmas. He was so badly in pain that I had to take him to A+E and they thought he had a clot on the lung. I was so frightened, I had never seen him so helpless and in so much pain. He couldn't breathe properly either.

Luckily though, it cleared up in a few days and strong pain killers helped, although I don't suppose you are allowed too much in the way of pain reflief :(

I hope you are ok, take it very easy! Fingers crossed it disappears very quickly :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I had pleurisy about 3 years ago.

it was AGONISING!!!! There is no other word for it!

I couldn't even make it fully up one flight of stairs without being in so much pain I couldn't move.

best thing you can do is rest, and sleep when you can because sometimes the pain may get really bad that you can't sleep at "traditional" times.

I was off work for 3 months because it was so horrible :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back