cots and routines

kirlykird

Reaction score
Tonight is the first night that Sam has been put to bed in his cot in his own room and at 8pm.

We've been up and down the stairs for the last hour and a half as he is getting upset and finding it hard to settle.

I don't expect it to be easy nut if anyone has any good advise this would be well appreciated.

last time I did this was with the twins and they were together so wasn't half as bad!

Do you think it could be worth getting him used to his own rom first and then tring the early bed routine?

All help appreciated,thank you

hopefully he has settled now but have you thought of putting him in his moses basket in his cot then its more familiar?

Dylan has just shouted a message to teej...just to let you know he isn't going to setttle if teej doesn't :shakehead:

gotta go nite nite

teej is settled, but not in his cot yet he is still in his basket in our room but hopefully when we come back from scotland we will be ready. He goes to bed at 7:30 at the moment which is good.

Kirls I would suggest taking him into his cot during the day and lying him in it to kick around he will get used to it. Having said that Teej isn't in his yet so I could have this problem to come!! I put him in there sometimes though and he quite enjoys lying there for a few minutes!

In the end I took him downstairs at 10pm as he was really upset. Weak I know :oops:

Took him back up at 10.30,A fed him on his glider and put him back in his cot at 11pm.

He then slept until 1.45am,woke up as he was wet and then was unsettled for an hour, got him back to sleep at 2.50 until 4.20, fed him at 4.20 and then went back down 4.45 until 7.15am.

We did very well although we had an extra wake up at 2 than usual i'm very proud of him and we will be trying again tonight :)

well done for trying! Keep up the good work, I know its tough when they are so little. We had been rocking Abbie to sleep on a night and letting her sleep in our arms until we went to bed at 11pm. But MW said we should try to train her to get to sleep on her own, so I think she was about 8 weeks and we put Abbie into moses basket at night to get herself to sleep, but we had an open plan dining room/living room so we put her in the dining room which was darker but not completely alone whilst we sat in the living room with the TV on low. She did eventually go to sleep by herself after a few nights at about 8pm and then wake for a normal feed at 11pm. After that she would never fall asleep in our arms unless she was exausted!

I started off putting Arianna in her cot for her day naps only from birth so she was used to it.

It'll take time, but once he is settled it's the best thing you ever do. :hug:

Dylan has just shouted a message to teej...just to let you know he isn't going to setttle if teej doesn't

I did mean to say Sammy :oops: . I realised i had typed it wrong at 3am but was so not going to turn puter on to change it ..Dylan remains unselttled .

Well d0one sammy and mommy.

Thanks Jo :hug:

Hope Dylan settles down soon, Sam is just napping so think I am going to join him :)

we have been quite luckily to start off with we put willow in her moses basket in the cot but only for a few nights but she grew out of it when we tried to put her in her cot she has been fantastic and didnt mind it at all. we moved her into the nersary at 6 weeks on the friday and from the saturday she has been sleeping through the night that has been going on now for 3 weeks. :dance:
long may it continue

that sounds fab! You've been very lucky :D

can we ask Willow to send Sam some good sleep vibes please :D

wow thats great becky...any chance Willow could have a word with Dylan also????

Well, put little man in his room at 9pm last night, slept straight away, A dream fed him at 11pm.

He then woke up at 2.45 where I fed and changed him, he went back down at 3.30 and then woke at 6.15 when I fed him and got up.

A better night than the one before but his sleeping patterns have changed.

He used to have his last feed at 11, then sleep until 4 or 5 and then back to sleep until 7 or 8.

Still, could be worse :D

You are doing really well, keep it up!!! We have been really lucky, Ruby went into her own room in her first week, we had her moses basket in her cot till a few weeks ago, then she went straight into cot without a problem.

I got into the habit of putting her into her cot for naps during the day, and also while she is awake-if I am in the shower or cleaning I put her in her cot with her mobile on and she loves it-she associates her cot with fun times as well as sleeping. She has slept through from 11pm to 7am from 7 weeks old, and even when she wakes, she just plays happily in her cot yelling and cooing until we go into her. Its the best thing we ever did getting her used to cot. She squeals and grins when we take her into her nursery!!!

Keep up the good work, its hard at times I know but you will soon feel the benefits of a content baby happy in his cot

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back