Cot or cotbed advice needed!

NickyB

Reaction score
We're looking for cots this weekend, it's still early but my Dad's home from work for a few days, he'll only be back for ten days and it's the last time he's in the country before LO will be born. He wants to buy it for us, maybe I can delay the delivery for a bit?

Anyway, I don't know what to look out for. I don't know whether I want a cot or a cotbed. I read somewhere that cotbeds are often replaced anyway, after how ever many years of usage sometimes they don't last long enough as a bed - is that true, it can't be?!

So, I think I'm happy with either. Budget can be higher if it's going to last (look at me spending my dad's money!! lol), but if it's a cot and will be used for fewer years I'd rather keep it to the lower end.

Can I have some advice on anything, where to buy from, or even some recommendations?

The ones I like, I like purely for cosmetic reasons!

Then I have to decide on what colour, it's hard work this! lol :rotfl:

i decided on a cot purely because i think it will be more exciting for them to move into a big boy bed if it aint one his slept in for a couple of years anyway ! plus cotbed bedding is sooooo expensive u dont wanna be buying that for the next 5 plus years !

i actualyl ended up with the mothercare basic cot and tbh i love it and spent the extra money i saved on the matching change table and omg i wouldnt be without it !

you can always go for a cheaper cot and better mattress

51Yj1zEvOOL._SX315_SY375_.jpg

ashton range :cheer:

ive got the westbury cotbed from mothercare as it matches his wardrobe.I personnally think cotbeds are best and will last i also bought a middle of the range mattress from mothercare also. Just make sure the sides pull down ( which i think most do anyway ) and you can have 3 different levels for the mattress as baby grows. Cotbeds should definatly last it just depends more on the mattress and how many times you want to change the mattress. good luck xx

We have the bedside cot from mothercare - it is lovely and we wanted to have the option to use at the bedside if we wanted to.

http://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B0 ... 1&mcb=core

Since we are plannign on having more than one over the next few years we didn't fancy a cot bed - they take up so much more room and we want Baby Smile into a big boys bed so his hypothetical brothers and sisters can inherit the cot.

Thanks for your help, I think I'm swaying towards a cot with a decent mattress tbh. I can understand the inheritance of the cot, and I love what G3M said about the excitement of a big bed!

Decisions eh :roll: thanks all :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back