• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cot bumpers

i put cellular blankets over all the sides, mainly becaue he seems to like to feel enclosed and if he pulls them down right over his face (which he does regularly) then its fine as he can breath through them, he seems to like snuggling right up against one side with the blanket from the other side draped around his ears!

I am going to use cot bumpers. For when LO is smaller I will have the breathing monitor on and an older baby as ISH says though in risk it has enough mobility to move away.
BUT is advisable to not too because some Los like to sleep with their head all the way to the edge causing them to recycle the air they breath if there is an obstacle there and to breath excessive carbon monoxide. Sth like breathing in a bag ifykwim. Normal protective mechanisms will make LO move its head then but as not all Los reach the same central nervous maturity at the same time is advisable to not use them.
the reason I will use them is that my friends LO manage to actually get a haematoma by banging her head on the cot and needed 2 operations :( she almost had fully recovered. It all happened when LO was sleeping, a door slammed because of the wind, the LO got scared and banged her head on the edge of the cot :( she had a mess bumper but it didn't help unfortuantely :(
So I am going to use them together with a breathing monitor.
You should try maybe the mess one and see how it goes?
my friends case is probably very rare anyway so don't get influenced by it really.
A pediatrician advised me to tie the bumper a little above the mattress so there is air coming under it too as well as above it ifykwim.
my bumper is arriving this week so didn't try it yet. I will see if that tie a little over the mattress can actually be done...

Oh dear :( When I put the bumpers in I was thinking more of the possibility of him breaking an arm, I didn't realise they could bump their heads so badly! Mind you, I did find Vince wedged with his head against the rails and pushing with his feet on the other side. So the bumpers were a godsend then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back