Cot bumpers

I know these aren't recomended, but if I have to get up to pick Damien's dummy off the floor in the middle of the night one more time I think I'll scream. :roll:

Does anyone know where I can get a nice, boyish cot bumper that isn't too expensive? xx

y are they not recommended sami???

iv already dressed my cot with full bumper and quilt with moses basket on top :?

mines winnie the pooh, mostly blue and green so not the most masculine but def not girly!!

Becasue of the risk that baby could get tangled up in it. You shouldn't use a quilt or pillow till they are one year old either hun as it is too difficult for them to move off them if they get caught underneath.

I didn't know that about cot bumpers either....I had one with Haylea and was gonna get one this time... :?
If you do want one have you tried ebay? You can find some cheap bargains on there....let me know how you get on....I'm an ebay addict.... :lol:

Sami
Ebay do nice "Red Car" bumpers, brand new

All Brody's room is red car bedding and wallpaper :)

Ella had a bumper (Winnie the Pooh) but I removed it a while back as it's so hot in her room it was stopping air from circulating inside her cot.

Damien's cot is 'in the open' if that makes sense, so air can get to it the whole way round. He never used to be this fussy about dummies, but it's affecting me temping too.

Thanks Urchin I'll have a look xx

liam refuses his dummy now. i had a bumper with joshua and kieran with no problem but i havent got one with liam.

Have you tired using a dummy holder so that he doesnt lose his dummy. This is like the one I used for Zack. You clip it onto babys clothes then onto the dummy. Always saved me picking it up or trying to find the stupid thing hehe

90_1.jpg

I was always a bit scared of using a bumper :?

I've got one of those clips on her buggy and car seat so there's always a dummy to hand, not that she uses it that much. Also it stops her throwing it out onto the floor. I don't have a dummy clip in her cot, just 2 or 3 dummies, then if she loses one and wants it she will just crawl around the cot and find another. Although she's not too bothered about it dropping out, she can take or leave it :D

Hi,
I know that the fat quilts should not be used until 1yr old as they are too heavy and possibly too warm as baby can't regulate it's own body temp.

I read a book that said to try and leave about 4 dummies in the cot, if they loose one they can easily grab another!

Also I was confused about bumpers. It says in mothercare catalogue that they are safe until baby can sit up unaided, which is about 3-4months!! It dosn't mention when or if you can put them back on again though :? Although if you have a newborn in the foot to foot position they are nowhere near the bumper to begin with!! :? So, is it really just a fashion accessory??

Bev x x

he can just sit unaided, at 7.5 months!! But I still have to put him in a sitting position. :think:

I didn't even think of the dummy clip, would be worried he'd catch himself on it though with the amount he wroggles about in his sleep

Wow, must check my book, must be wrong, I wondered 3-4 months was very early to be sitting unaided :? :?

Bev

Surely it would be after they can sit up unaided that they would need a bumper as this is when they are more likely to move around and bump their head??

That's another reason I need one, he keeps getting his legs stuck, and twisting sideways in it and headbutting one side with legs dangling out the other side! Kind of funny, but not for him :lol: :oops:

I've always used a bumper "Disney Princess". I like it more than she does! :lol:

Sami Babies R Us have their own Bruin range on blue and pink bedding, thay have a store in Milton Keynes too! :wink:

sami i have a cream mamas and papas one you can have? its not boyish thou??? i could bring it to the meet? Dior dont use it any more?

her dummy always used to fall out so i used to stuff blankets all round the sides lol Harley dont Have a dummy though its much easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back