Single bed or Toddler Bed

Nicky_Jones

Reaction score
We are planning on moving Ellie to a bed at 18months. She has slept in full sized single beds twice over christmas with no problems (with a bedguard). She will also be sleeping in a full size single bed when we go on holiday at the end of the month (she will be a week off 18months), so the plan is not to put her back in a cot afterwards.

I would like to get a low bed to make it easier for her to get into and out of it once she is happy / ready to do so (she currently gets upto and down from the sofabed in her room but it is nice and low). Should I go for a toddler bed or a full sized single. I have seen one I like in Dreams (IIRC) but it is £169 exc mattress, and we can get a toddler bed inc mattress and bedding from Kiddicare for £120. What are you recommendations?

Thanks

tbh, I would buy a normal bed... the cost might be more initially... but you will eventually need to buy a normal bed and you may need to do so in a few months, depending how quickly your LO grows....

Kids get used to the bed's height. Tia was in her own bed by a year old, and she never had many issues with getting in and out. She only fell out once or twice and mainly because she was bouncing on the bed before hand... :roll:

Buying a toddler bed is in my mind, just manufacturers way of getting you spend more on kid's items when you don't really need them.

I would buy a normal bed, but get thoses things you put at the side of the bed just icase she rolls, then she wont fall out

sarah113 said:
I would buy a normal bed, but get thoses things you put at the side of the bed just icase she rolls, then she wont fall out

Oh yer... I forgot to say you definitely need one of them:. :)

Thanks - that confirms my thoughts. We already have the bed guard as we bought it for christmas night as Ellie has got too bid for the travel cot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back