Cooper born 5/06/08 8lb1

keli

Reaction score
So heres my birth story:

It all started on Thurs 5th June, i noticed a watery pink/brown discharge around dinner was different from my normal discharge so rang midwife as thought maybe my waters, i popped a pad on and kept an eye on it. Was told that it probably wasn't as it wasn't pooling.

Relaxed all afternoon and early evening about half nine i was having mild period pains that seemed to come and go timed them and they were at intervals of between 10/14 mins. My sister ( birth partner) text to see if i was ok and she decided to come round, i was fine but she said she felt better being close to me. The, now decided contractions were coming every 4/5/6 mins apart but were totally manageable but decided to ring MW unit at 12pm as they were regular. The MW on call told me to do whatever i wanted.. come in, stay at home whatever i was comfortable with. Decided to go to hospital as its 30 mins away.

Arrived at hospital and got settled in the Unit contractions were still coming every 5 mins but were fine i was breathing through them no problem and found leaning on something my level helped i was also walking up and down inbetween them. The midwife checked me over and i was 2/3 cms dilated! The pool was free so asked if i could go in there so we were moved to the other room.

It took ages to fill the pool so they started straight away.. still contractions coming now think every 3 mins. Still manageable but around 4am i was ready to get into the pool. Got in the pool and oh my god it was brillant totally relaxing.. well that kicked it off big time i felt a kick in stomach and i think that was my waters breaking which made me by sick. I asked for the gas n air as things were starting to get intense. I only had a student MW with me as Mary the MW on call was with another labouring woman. Rachel the student went to get another MW as she was a bit worried as things were progressing fast! When the other MW came in i really didn't like her she tried to feel babys HB jammed the doppler in my side hard whilst i was contracting i knocked her hand away and told rachel to do it, she made me feel really uncomfortable, she was putting me off, think she got the message as she left and Mary came back. The gas n air was fab.. regulates your breathing and totally takes the edge of the contraction. Was feeling the urge to push so just went with what my body wanted to do. It felt great. I was worried that no one had checked on how dilated i was, i was worried that i wasn't totally dilated. lol. I was pushing and groaning like a bugger but i still thought i was 2/3 cms diliated!! Needed reassurance so asked Mary to check me out. Yep no cervix in sight! Was on all fours sucking on the gas n air which at this point they took off me as it stops the urge to push. Wasn't getting anywhere so they decided to move me from pool and get on bed. 8 o'clock was shift change and it was getting to that time i'd been pushing for 2 hrs they said baby was getting stuck. I was still fine working, well trying, to work with the contractions. Mary decided that i may need help so they were tranfering me to hospital ( was only a lift ride away)

At this point i wasn't happy i was willing to go on, it only felt i'd been pushing for 10mins anyway! Time just goes out the window. It totally deflated me having to move and felt that the intervention would spiral as soon as i went to the hospital part. Anyway they moved me started talking about vontouse and forceps.. I just told them to give me a c-section, before this point i'd been in high spirits totally positive and getting on with the job in hand. My sister thought this was funny and told me to shut up, i was still contracting and having the urge to push which i still was doing its just they weren't strong enough only getting 2 n half good pushes baby was coming down but kept moving back as the contraction stopped. They asked me if i'd had a wee and i hadn't so they said they wanted to put catherter in a still wasn't pleased but i agreed they popped it in and i had a long wee they then took it out. Still was talk of forceps etc but they were giving me half an hr to try and push baby out, the doctor kept saying i was tired but i could have gone on all day. Babies HB had been perfect throughout not once had anyone been worried about him. At one point i was lying on the bed legs in stirrups with about 6 people in front of me watching me push! Oh the shame.. ever since starting pushing i'd been pooing the whole time.. nice. Thats all i could smell for about a day afterwards my poo! lol.

They decided to pop a drip in and give me some syntocinon the MW told me that this would make my contractions that bit stronger. When pushing my sister noticed that i was gritting my teeth so on the next contraction she told me to shout/scream.. so i did! lol. Would have hated to be a woman just about to go in labour hearing me... i really did scream the house down.. but it worked!! A few more pushes and baby was almost out. I'd not had that much pain thoughout my labour, things got very intense at times but not what i'd call toopainful but the last part when baby crowning and your waiting for another contraction oh my lord did it sting!! Another push and babies head was out then another and his body was out! The relief i can't tell you. He started crying straight away. My sister cut the cord.. did want to have it stop pulsating but they said no can't remember why. Also had to have injection for placenta as i'd had synocinon. On my notes it says 1st stage 6hr 22mins 2nd stage 3hr49 and 3rd stage 7 mins. Not surprised i got bad piles. lol. Baby was popped on my chest and we had skin to skin for about 2 hrs. He latched on a fed really well. MW checked me out and told me i'd just got a small tear in my labia decided not to have it stiched as it would heal on its own. He weighed 8lb1.

Stayed in hospital for 2 days as Cooper had jaudice so had to wait for bloods etc. I feel i've been really lucky the whole experience was really postive and i really enjoyed it! :D

Aww congrats hun! :clap: Welcome to the world little man :wave:

glad everything worked out for you in the end and you didnt have to much intervention.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Congratualtions Keli. Cooper is a lovely name :D

Alex xxx

Go you Keli wanting to push all day 8) :lol: glad all went well and you had a lovely birthing experiance :D
Welcome Cooper :angel: :wave: and well done congratulations Keli :clap: :dance:

sarah :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back