Coooeeeeee

ToffeePop

Reaction score
It's 7am (well, it was when I got up to make myself a cup of chai) and here I am. Wide abloodywake! I'm NEVER up early, I HATE mornings and I tend to go to bed around 2/3 each night.

Not :sleep: though so thought I'd pop on and see who's about. So COOOEEEEE :wave: Morning PFers!

:wave:

Right here with you! :lol: I'm babysitting a friend's daughter this morning, so she's getting dropped off in a minute. 6:30am is not a nice time of the day to get up!

I concur, Tonks. But for some reason I have woken up all super-perky (I am not a perky person...) and "with it" this morning...very odd :lol: I think I must have just had enough sleep for a change...

That and I desperately needed a pee. Must stop dreaming of waterfalls.

You're a good friend, getting up at 6.30 to babysit someone else's child!?

I need some of your perkiness then :rofl: I'm about to drag my arse to the kitchen for a cuppa and try to force my eyes open with matchsticks :lol:

If you're feeling so lively you should go for a run ;)

A run?! :shock: I can't run - I look worse than Phoebe from "Friends"...and half as coordinated! I wouldn't mind doing something, though...might see if I can get to a new yoga class tonight though as there is one very close by for beginners, and it's been ages since I've been.

I also have to job hunt. Gah!

:rofl: At that mental image!

A run is great in the morning, kickstarts the metabolism and you'll be even more perky after being out in this weather! ;) :lol:

Good luck with the job hunt, what sort of thing are you looking for?

Chuck me over some perkiness will ya!! I'm fooked lol xx

A run is great in the morning, kickstarts the metabolism and you'll be even more perky after being out in this weather! ;) :lol:

Aye, perky nips.....its freezing!! :rofl: xx

Chuck me over some perkiness will ya!! I'm fooked lol xx

Good%20Morning%20%28210%29.jpg

Aye, perky nips.....its freezing!! :rofl: xx

Trust you to be able to lower the tone before 8am :rofl:

Ahhh Toonlass :hug: but you're pregnant so you're allowed to not be awake!

Currently looking at , well, pretty much anything interesting at the moment, Tonks. I've been out of a "proper" job for nearly 3 years as was a "carer" for my Dad for 2 (took time out of my work life to be with him as much as possible and do not regret a thing) and then last year - flippin' heck! A year! - I knew we were moving with hubby leaving the Army etc. so didn't bother even trying to get a job whilst he was on tour because I knew we'd move and can't lie to save my :bum: to prospective employers.

I have my eye on a couple of good positions with the National Trust and such like, but am a bit gutted I won't be going back in at the managerial level I used to work at as I just loooove being a Customer Service Manager and having a team of eager beavers!

Project management would be my ideal...there's just not much around in my field just now so I'll happily take whatever. I mean, I plan on getting pregnant so .. :rofl: I have to lie about that or no one will EVER take me on!

Also want to do some voluntary work but again, not much demand for it just now...

I wish! :rofl:

Have two children under two creating havoc :lol:

How come you can't go back into management? You may be a bit rusty, but you still have the experience and skills. Maybe if you went with an agency, they could 'big you up' to employers. National Trust would be amazing to work for though! Good luck with the job hunt :hug:

i thought that said coffee lol! got all confuzzled when you said you woke up all perky! i got up bright and breezy at 6ish with ella and was hoping to do some exercise and get a shower before katie woke. sods law, the minute i had ella burped katie started crying!

Thank Tonks... I do know you lot have your hands full :D

As for the management side of things, agencies just want to get their fee (you should see some of the sh. that they've come up with in the past...) and most companies want someone with a "more consistent" work record...One actually turned me down as I was a carer "that's not really a wise move you made there!" which made me think "I don't want to work for a company that doesn't value the fact that I looked after my Dad " Wasn't much "looking after" involved, really - just company! :D

Ah wow you've been up hours! You know, when I was about 5 weeks I kept waking up early and wide awake, so Id get up with a cuppa and watch the sunrise over the sea (at my parents house at the time) My dad nearly had a heart attack when he came downstairs and saw me up and dressed before half 7!

Avocado cravings??

Awwwwww thanks for the perkiness tonks :hug: made me smile :)

I've just got back from the docs, and he has FINALLY gave me some antibiotics for my poorly bad chest, but........the fools lost my ECG results so i have to get my wabbs out again to get another one done!! Grrrrrr xx

Hahahaha Tiny, I did a test yesterday and it's negativo. I was going to do another today but thought it was a bit pointless considering it's most unlikely :)

Have rewritten my CV and have a shortlist of jobs to apply for. My Goodness - I could be doing housework and be finished by midday....which is frightening! :good: I may even have to change my signature!!! :shock:

Last edited:
I like your siggy, its funny lol, but think old me had to ask OH what it meant :rofl: xx

Good grief, so far Im still in OH dressing gown and have managed to make his porridge (microwave kind) before 8.15 for work. And then managed to make toast and log on here. Ive just realised an hour has passes and Ive done nothing. Lucy Jones from x factor is due at OH work (BBC) at half past and he rang me to say security said Im allowed to go down and get her autograph (I voted for her on x factor... what a loser!) Im far too embarrased to do that so I ask oH to ask for me! Plus Illhave to get dressed first. Cant be bothered!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back