cooking question

Manda&Thomas

Reaction score
ive cooked a shepherds pie for dinner and i normaly make a small amount of gravy and pour it onto mince before adding the mash
thicky over here completly forgot to add the gravy untill i had put the mash on and wondered why the gravy pot was empty :oops: :oops:
my question is will the pie still be ok or will it dry out to much? i really dont want to scrap off the mash to put gravy in it
any help would be great
manda xx

aww hun!

Erm To save it from drying out too much Id call for an early dinner and cheat....Just put it under the grill to nicely brown off and crisp up the mash. Keep an eye on it though else it'll be more like charcoal than nicely browned. It works, Ive had to do it a few times in an emergency

x x

thanks hun but our grill is pants it smokes and makes the food taste funny
so dont think il be able to do it
had a right pregnancy braindead moment i really did on that :D
manda xx

Oh thats gay :(

Never mind then hun.....just put lots of gravy on when you eat it if its a bit dry. I really fancy that now LOL!

xx

yer will make the gravy quite thick i think cover any bad bits!!!!
hubby is getting used to my lack of brain now and doesnt exspect to much
oh we have it once a week its hubbys fav dish that and stew which i completly ruined 2 nights ago lol
i forgot to boil the veg and tatties before adding them :oops: :oops:
manda xx

I don't boil my veg or potatoes before adding them to my stews - it shouldn't ruin it.

Hope your tea is OK :hug:

they were really really hard lol i like my veg soft so normaly boil them then add them to the meat and sauce :D
i hope it will be ok to hubbys on way home so will find out in an hour lol
he will say its fine though even if it aint
manda xx

ive cooked a shepherds pie for dinner and i normaly make a small amount of gravy and pour it onto mince before adding the mash
thicky over here completly forgot to add the gravy untill i had put the mash on and wondered why the gravy pot was empty :oops: :oops:
my question is will the pie still be ok or will it dry out to much? i really dont want to scrap off the mash to put gravy in it
any help would be great
manda xx

aww hun!

Erm To save it from drying out too much Id call for an early dinner and cheat....Just put it under the grill to nicely brown off and crisp up the mash. Keep an eye on it though else it'll be more like charcoal than nicely browned. It works, Ive had to do it a few times in an emergency

x x

thanks hun but our grill is pants it smokes and makes the food taste funny
so dont think il be able to do it
had a right pregnancy braindead moment i really did on that :D
manda xx

Oh thats gay :(

Never mind then hun.....just put lots of gravy on when you eat it if its a bit dry. I really fancy that now LOL!

xx

yer will make the gravy quite thick i think cover any bad bits!!!!
hubby is getting used to my lack of brain now and doesnt exspect to much
oh we have it once a week its hubbys fav dish that and stew which i completly ruined 2 nights ago lol
i forgot to boil the veg and tatties before adding them :oops: :oops:
manda xx

I don't boil my veg or potatoes before adding them to my stews - it shouldn't ruin it.

Hope your tea is OK :hug:

they were really really hard lol i like my veg soft so normaly boil them then add them to the meat and sauce :D
i hope it will be ok to hubbys on way home so will find out in an hour lol
he will say its fine though even if it aint
manda xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back