Convinced Im Going To Be Induced.

xJuliex

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else feels this way but i seem to be convincing myself that i'm not going to go into labour naturally and have to wait to get induced. I was pretty posotive i was going to have him early and as i know the exact date of conception iv figured out that my due date would be this friday but the scan dates say next tuesday so it's just easier to go with the latest one. Baby is still not engaged and i know alot of women go into labour when baby isn't engaged but iv still managed to make myself think that i definatley won't go into labour without an induction.
Has anyone else felt like this? :think:

maybe its just me preparing myself for the worst so i won't feel like i'm waiting forever if i do actually go overdue??

xxx

normal term labour is anywhere between 37 and 42 weeks (or 35 and 40 weeks after conception - remember your date of conception may not have the day you BD'd as the eggs and sperm can plan their little rendevouz for later :) )

that's a big window and you've got plenty of time - relax and take one day at a time :) you could start labour tomorrow who knows! :) :hug: :pray:

I'm prepared to go over (a little) only up until 4th July, then i'm gonna start getting pissed! I'm not really sure why that date sticks in my head but it does.

Everyone keeps saying she's gonna come early so undoubtably she'll be late lol. I'd love to avoid induction though, i want to go in to labour when my body and baby are ready, and i pray that'll be before i reach my due date

Im completely expecting to go over as well, Im preparing myself for going over then when I do I| wont be disappointed so Im aiming for the back end of the month as my due date. If baby comes before that then its a bonus in my eyes. Cant help labour sign spotting though :)

I try not to think about being induced, there are things they can do to try and help things along such as a sweep and I just hope they work, however, if I have to be induced then so be it, at least there will be an end in sight.

If i do have to be induced 12 days over would be the 1st of June aswell :lol: but i'm hoping for a May baby! :pray: Its really going to be a shock for me if i go into labout before next tuesday!!! i'm going to do alot of walking this weekend and maybe that will help things along
xxx

I'm the same as you hun...but I always prepare myself for the worst case senario cos i hate to be too dissappointed!! lol

If my Lo comes naturally before term+14 then I'll be pleased. :D
(hopefully earlier tho :pray: )

xJuliex - i'm guessing you mean June not April :wink: hehe

I'm counting down the days until i'm 14 overdue - it's my way of preparing for anything! Lol. so 24 days it is!

Of course I don't want to be induced (that would be my homebirth gone for a start!) but i am prepared mentally in case that's what happens!
I think my LO is very cosy in there! lol

walk a mile a day :)

it might bring on labour but if it doesn't.....
... you will be fitter and more able to cope with labour
... and it at least passes the time :)

worked for me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111