Converted baby wearer needing expert sling advice!!!!

princesskel

Reaction score
Hello! I recently borrowed a friends 'close' sling and absolutely loved it so saved up (cant believe a piece of fabric can cost so much!!) and bought one - Rhianna and i love it and is so much easier than a pushchair and is so nice carrying her close to me. She was a prem baby and i feel like i have to make up for the weeks i couldnt comfort and hold her.

Anyway the close sling is great but am not sure as shes gets bigger how it will go as its very strechy. I really like the look of the mei tai but really cant afford to spend so much money without knowing if we will like it - does anyone know of anyone selling one or where i can get a second hand one? Any other reccomendations would be great too - have a freedom sling but dont get on with it at all - prefer having Rhianna upright on my chest.

Also we are going to Florida when Rhianna is 7 months and will be using a sling all the time - what would be the best option at that age?

Thank you!! xxxx

Look for Freedom Slings on Ebay... the lady does them at a reasonable price and tbh I haven't found any brand new ring slings any cheaper...

I got a thrifty one for 15.99quid... and it was worth every single penny :) I carry lil miss in either a kangeroo position or chest to chest.... I always get comments and its really easy to use... pop in my handbag and acts as a cover when I'm breastfeeding or if lil miss is chilly in her car seat...or a changing mat.... or a sicky blanket...actually it gets properly hammered. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I know they are pricey but if you are going for a mei tai I'd really recommend a babyhawk, they are so comfy. You need to look for deep padding on the shoulder straps otherwise they cut in as babba gets heavier.
On the plus side, they do have a really good resale value when you've finished with it :D

I paid 55 for my mei tai.. its actually on the bay, im looking for 30, as it hardly got used... naughty mummy and her pram collection ha ;)

have you got a photo? Would be interested in buying it from you xx

6e04_1.JPG

Better piccy of the panel of fabric...
7fe2_1.JPG

if you want it PM me, dont best offer on ebay :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back