Contractions

Hi hun sorry to hear you've had to go through this. I, like you was taken into hospital fairly early on with severe sickness (later found out to be caused by polyhydramnios - excess fluid) but it kicked off contractions which progressively got closer together & stronger. I was also given steroids for baby's lungs. It was very scary & I was signed off work pretty much up to maternity leave (though that was partially because of the polyhydramnios too).
I'm now 37 weeks & have been getting contractions since, which have strengthened in the past week, but my boy is fully cooked now & safe to come. I'm sure with rest your little one will stay put until they are nicely cooked. Take the opportunity to put your feet up!
Hope you & bump are ok xxx

Thanks Pushca, I'm glad your little boy held on in there and is now fit and healthy to meet the world. Did you continue to have contraction from the first lot early on when you were given steroids? All the way up til now? We had another lot this morning about 4 hours worth which have settled again x

Last edited:
Yeah I have had constant bouts of contractions since. Most last a few hours then die off with sleep & aren't as intense as labour pains. Got monitored at hospital today as I've been having strong regular contractions all day, but body just doesn't seem able to tip over to established labour!
I'm sure with rest you will be fine & manage to keep the little rascal in a bit longer xxx

Good luck hun, keep me posted on your baby news. Fingers crossed for you xx

Oh my goodness how frightening. I'm glad everything is ok and I pray it stays that way for you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back