Contraception

Pregnot

Reaction score
I've just started taking cerelle the mini pill as it doesn't affect milk or breastfeeding wondering if anyone else is taking this?

I really need to think about this. Finally feeling a bit less scared of the carnage down there and more inclined to let hubby near me!

Did you get a choice of pills? I think I'll discuss with GP next week x

I've got my GP postnatal appt tomorrow (along with baby's jabs) so hoping to discuss then but also thinking of mini pill.

How are you getting on with them? X

I do contraception clinics when not on mat leave, got my colleague popping an implant in for me tomorrow!
Pills like cerelle are fine and the bonus is you tend not to bleed on them. I've gone for implant as I like the fact its pretty instantly reversible on removal, tiny dose of hormone and I wont forget it! If I wasn't planning anymore babies Id def go for mirena again (had one before ttc)
Implants can give iffy bleeding patterns but I'm hoping the bf sorts that prob for me!

I've got the implant in my arm, they just put it in and it works for 3 years! Don't need to bother with remembering to take the pill (forgetting is how I ended up with my son lol) and its safe to use while breastfeeding. I think the progeston(wrong sp sorry) pill is fine but the combined one may not be? Should say on the instructions though x

I do contraception clinics when not on mat leave, got my colleague popping an implant in for me tomorrow!
Pills like cerelle are fine and the bonus is you tend not to bleed on them. I've gone for implant as I like the fact its pretty instantly reversible on removal, tiny dose of hormone and I wont forget it! If I wasn't planning anymore babies Id def go for mirena again (had one before ttc)
Implants can give iffy bleeding patterns but I'm hoping the bf sorts that prob for me!

Hey hun can I pick your brains please? I've just started on Cerelle 2&1/2 weeks ago mid cycle and so far I've not come on. So I'm guessing this is all normal? I've been on femulen before and had regular periods throughout but I'm guessing different pills will effect me differently and it's nothing to worry about!? Sorry to hijack your thread! Xxx

No worries, cerelle and cerazette are different from other progesterone only pills like femulen, as they supress you ovulating. There's much better cover because of this and you've got a much more realistic 12 hr window to take it. Femulen just thickens cervical mucus making it impossible for sperm to get through but you still have a normal cycle in there. Because on cerelke mo ov, you get no period. Its fine, any lining that needs to shed will do when its ready, so you sometimes get some spotting or light bleeding irregularly, but most people get none... enjoy!!!

Thank you for replying!! That's good to know so I'm not constantly worrying I'm pregnant lol. Thank you again xxx

Good to know as I'm taking cerelle too was worried I was to having periods yet

I've actually come on today now. But only been on it a few weeks we'll see how it goes over next few months. I'm must be nuts but I kinda prefer to have periods! Odd I know xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back