consultant visit today

Gem & Leland

Reaction score
kinda a waste of time lol she didnt even know why id got an appointment at only 10+4 weeks !

took 2 hours after my appointment time to actually get seen , how shocking is that !

but she checked my wee wee , its had got protein and keytones in and i dont really know what this means , ive herd of people further on having it but not know ?

my blood sugar level was twice what it should be , so at 16 weeks ive got to take the glucose drink test and im poss developing diabetes , she's not too worried as no glucose in my wee today :)

got my 20 week scan book :dance: 22nd october !

i also get a 34 week scan in jan cos im a fat bird :oops: even tho she looked at me and said u dont look like that much lol then i told her about the 17lb weight loss since preggy , she wants to keep an eye thats i dont loose too much more ! ( never been told that before lmao)

so i know dont see anyone till 16 weeks when i have that loverly test and more bloods for downs etc but im continueing to be both consultant and midwife lead

she's also given me some pills for the acid in my chest.tummy , really hope they work so i can eat and feel a bit normal :pray: without sounding like ive a drum orchester in my chest !

WOW!! The 20 week scan seems so close - it's 6 days after my next midwife appointment!

I'd have gone bonkes waiting that long - hope you took a good book and weren't left with saga magazines....

Ketones are present in urine when they body is doing some thing called ketosis, i only know about this as my mum does the atkins diet and the way that diet works is to have no carbs only protein resulting in your body doing this process and using your own fat stores for energy. resulting in fast weight loss.

Im also having the diabetes test as im classed as over weight, and my BMI was too high. think i have one test about 27 weeks and another around 34 weeks.

Were having MW and consultant led care, but dont see consultant until im 20 weeks :( have so many questions to ask him.

Glad every thing else was fine, cant beleieve were 10 weeks already, time is flying by to fast and im panicing now haha

so would the ketones be cos of the weight loss ? why dont they explain these things ! not like ive done it before lol

are you on a high protein low carb diet? if so then yes the weight loss is causing the ketones so nothing to worry about

no more high carb as im eating so much bread and pasta !

i aint gonna worry about them unless it shows up again at 16 weeks

sometimes i wish this was more relaxing...lol...but no...its all worry worry worry until baby is born...grrr

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back