constipation tip

Lauz_1601

Reaction score
Thought Id share this for anyone whose babies get constipation.

When we were away Ella had bad constipation, it was horrible seeing her strain then cry her eyes out :cry: Anyway I went to the pharmacy (we were in america) and she have me a liguid suppositrie (sp) basically had to squeeze it up her bum, it wasnt very nice, but it didnt bother Ella and it worked a treat!!!!!! Within 2 minutes she poo'ed and has had loose bowels ever since.

Im sure you could get this in England. Thought Id share for people who'd tried everything else :D

Hi

Never heard of liquid ones?
Here they gave me the regular ones and had to ripe it inhalf so it wasnt too big and it worked within a few minutes
Katrina

My daughter Sophie has been constipated for 4 days now and she is crying her eyes out. I spoke to the health visitor and she said to leave her a few days and see if she manages to pass the poo on her own. What age was your daughter when you gave her the suppositrie? Sophie is just over 7 weeks now :(

Hi

When i gave it to Kiara she was about Sophies age and older as well shes had it form a month on good luck
Katrina

I gave it to Ella when she was 6 months old. It says on the box please consult doctor if under 2 years, but the lady at the pharmacy told me to water it down and she would be fine.

Ella seems to be constipated most of the time poor thing, but sometime she will drink fresh oprange, I didnt think it would help much as she was so badly constipated but it did the trick. I try to offer it to her as much as possible to to prevent her from becoming constipated.

As your little one is so young though I would see the doctor, a lady in superdrug told me to take her to se the doc as she is probably in pain with it.

i was advised to use them for Dior i couldnt bring myself to do it. :shakehead:

just the fear if she cryed :cry:

I know I was really worried and sounds silly but a bit embarassed to shove something up my daughter bum lol :oops: but it wasnt as bad as i thought she didnt cry or anything. I think it would be harder now though as she's all over the place!

I went to see the doctor as sophie hadn't had a poo in 6 days. the doctor examined her and said she wasn't constipated. I was told to make sure she drinks a lot of fluids. Another day has passed and still nothing and sophie is screaming the house down. i am still convinced that she is consipated as she is in pain but what can i do if the doc won't prescribe anything for her :( :( :(

bilbo, call nhs helpline they are great ask them what you could give her.
i used to give mine about 2oz of cool boiled water with 2 pinchs of suger worked a treat :)

either a bottle of water with brown sugar or freshly squeezed orange juice has never failed :)

Thanks for all your advice :D I gave sophie a bottle with cooled boiled water and some fresh orange juice and within 5 to 10 mins she had done the biggest poo ever! :D :D :D I can't believe the wee soul had all that in her. With any luck she will sleep better tonight.

Thanks again I really appreciate everyones help.

aww bless her bet she feels much better now! I found the fresh orange worked a treat, instead of little pebble poo's it made her have horrible messy poo's better for Ella but not for me lol

haydens been a bit constipated..hes only had one poo in 2 days and it was quite hard, he seemed in pain passing it aswell..i've been giving him extra cooled boiled water but it doesnt seem to be helping..can i put sugar in it even though hes only a month old?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back