conjuntctivitus

little momma

Reaction score
my 7 month old had really wierd sticky stuff coming out of her eyes, so i took her to see a nurse. and the nurse said it was conjunctivitus and gave me some ointment to put in her eyes.
but, it's really contagous and my eyes are just starting to feel a bit funny- i cant see any of the gloopy stuff in them but they feel a bit sticky.
do i need to go back and get ointment for me to? cos on the internet in some places it says just to leave it and it will clear up on its own. is it different for adults or do i need the ointment too?
anyone know?
anyone else had this?

If you think you have it too I'd go back to the doctors otherwise it will just ping pong back and forth between you and baby. Remember to wash your hands before and after using the drops and wipe each of babies eyes with cotton wool dipped in cooled boiled water and wipe from inside outwards only once with each cotton wool ball, use a couple on each eye until the gunk is gone :)

DONT WEAR MAKE UP!!!
I had this, and wondered why i kept getting it over and over again! turns out its because i had put some mascara on whilst my eyes were infected then i kept using it whilst better and re-infecting :wall:
I had to get rid of my best lancombe mascara. Quite a tragic story i know :(
I was just given drops, i'd have thought you would need treating as well as like Lou said, you'll just keep passing it between you both.

Hope you both get better soon, try not to rub your eyes :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back