• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Conjunctivitis

flowergirl

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea how long conjunctivitis lasts?

My poor little girl has conjunctivitis- she started with it on sunday so I took her to the docs on Monday (sorry for sounding like a Craig David song!) The doc didn't think drops were necessary as I'd said that she seemed to be improviing even in just 24 hours, but yesterday she was loads worse and her eyes were getting stuck together after even really short naps. Should I go back to the docs or will it sort itself out soon enough? What are your experiences?

flowergirl said:
she started with it on sunday so I took her to the docs on Monday (sorry for sounding like a Craig David song!)

:rotfl: Lol no idea but you made me laugh hope shes better soon

We were given drops, and it cleared up within about 24 hours or so.

Are you bathing it with cooled boiled water? I was told to do this every two hours. Wiping it from the nose outwards & using 1 piece of cotton wool per wipe.

If you aren't happy, pop her back to see them :hug:

Thanks for your replies xxx

I have been bathing her eyes with boiled water but not as often as every 2 hours.

I've decided to take her back to the docs in the morning- especially if it will clear up in 24 hours or so if she gets drops prescribed. Her eyes are stinging her, poor love.

try putting breastmilk in her eye, apparently it works really well. My mum used to do it with us!

theres quite a bit on the web about it

sparky said:
try putting breastmilk in her eye, apparently it works really well. My mum used to do it with us!

theres quite a bit on the web about it

Funny you should say that- I had considered it because I knew about its antibacterial properties- might give it a go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back