confusion

LovePop

Reaction score
my partner and i are wanting a child but we are scared about what my parents would think or do if i ended up pregnat i am old enough to diside for my self but my parents still want full control over me.. i don't know what to do... can anyone help me?

No one on here can help, that's up for you to stand up to your parents and if you want to have a child you have to be ready to have one....not quite sure what your looking for? If your old enough to make the decision to have a child, what has it got o do with your parents???

are you still living at home??

if not, then it really doesnt have anything to do with your them. try talking to them and let them know how they are making you feel

x x x

well im not really living with them right now im living in a dorm at college

What's the problem then???? Are you ready for a child? Can you afford a child? Can you support a child? If your answer is yes to all of these then I don't understand what your asking????

Hiya,

It shouldn't have anything to do with your parents, like you say if your old enough to decide to have a baby then your parents can't and shouldn't tell you what to do. But just the fact your worried about what they will say or do suggests to me that maybe your not ready in yourself yet to have a baby as your concerned on their opinion, if you are truly ready for a baby then nothing should bother you regarding your parents.

This is just my opinion though hun. x

i totally get what you are saying, i really do want one, and so does he, im just worried that they will end up shunning me like they did with my cousin....

Presumably you wouldn't be able to stay in the room at college with a baby? Why not focus on trying find somewhere to live together and the revisit the trying for a baby idea when you are settled. That way you can show your parents that you can look after yourself.

I know that urge for wanting a child. But it still sounds like you are building a life for yourself. Your parents probably want the best for you as you are still their baby. The same as you would want the best for your child.

I feel, this may sound old fashioned (I am 28 years old) but the best thing you can do to prepare for a child is to have lived your life. I left university after 2 years to help look after my mum and sisters after my father left. I regret not finishing. I am annoyed with myself, because I can't get a job that pays over £23k a year. My sisters both younger than me, one works all over the world earning £112k a year doing a job she loves, the other is buying her own house, earns more than the other one and is again doing her dream job.

How would you feel if you missed out on opportunities such as travelling, new experiences or even being settled before bringing a new person into the world who relys soley on you? You wont be able to work, so will become reliant on other people for support, be it your OH, your parents or the government. You may not be able to give your child everything you want to.

I know this sounds like preaching, but I promise it isnt, I have wanted a baby since I was 13 years old. I waited until I met the right man to marry, we are settled, have our own home and I am in the right place in my life to have babies. I know when they come screaming, demanding and beautiful into my world, they will always have everything they need from nappies to love.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back