confused with feeding

janey78

Reaction score
Hi everyone I am so confused with this feeding.
My lo was 5 weeks last friday and we were feeding when ever she woke up crying, but then realised not every time she cried she needed food and I think we were over feeding her.
last we she started going every 3 hours and it would be the same feeding times every day 9am 12, 3pm, 6pm 9pm and so on and she has been taking 3oz but last night she started having 4oz at a couple of feeds as she had woken early but at 6 this morning she only had about 2oz and then feel back to sleep there was no waking her to finish and she will just gag if she doesn't want it, she then woke again at half 7 wanting the rest so made a new bottle and she had about 50ml.
I tried waking her for her 9am feed so she would be back on track but she wouldn't so I have left her and she is still asleep at half 10.
Should I be trying to keep her in a routine and I have read that you shouldn't wake a baby at night for feeds but you should in the day. :eh:
I just have no idea what is right and what is wrong. she also so gets very congested at night.
She was 8lb 6oz last Wednesday.

Hiya, at such a young age you should just demand feed- so whenver she cries for food give it and don't worry if its a different amount each time at all that's normal. You won't be getting into a routine that young they're just not able to do it, so its about learning what's a hungry cry or what her hungry signals are and feeding then. I wouldn't ever wake her if she's asleep to feed unless she's barely eaten or hasn't eaten for a very long time- like 5/6 hrs. Every 1.5-3hrs is normal for a little baby to feed xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back