Confused and Contracting

Journey1

Reaction score
Midwife app has left me feeling emotional and confused! Long post sorry :roll:

My orginal mw is back which I love she is so nice and the cover mw was ok but not the same. However today my mw measured me 30cm and I'm 38wks tomorrow! Last mw app said 34cm which was ok as I'm only little. I have been referred for a growth scan so waiting to hear from hospital. Surely I can't loose cms? My mw and the student both got the same measurement today. One option she said could be that I am fully engaged and she cannot feel any part of the babies head. I have been contracting on and off since Monday and she felt them today so this could be the case but I hate not knowing whats going on. Babies heartbeat was strong and healthy like always and still wriggling in the little space there is. Could the other mw get the measurments so wrong? Reading my notes she said I was also 3/5ths engaged 2wks ago and thought my baby would weigh 6-6.5lbs?

Your thoughts are welcome ladies as I'm just confused and now have to wait!

have you lost any weight? As i did and it came straight off my belly and it was notiible, so i just stuff myself now. I hope all is okay sorry i couldnt be much help x

Oh kentgall8484 I don't know? They checked my weight 2wks ago and from start of pregnancy I had gained a stone and a half. I don't have scales at home so I'll pop to boots tomorrow and see. I hadn't thought of that. Thank you x

Try not too worry hun, each mw seems to get a different measurement, usually not too far out from each other, but you never know! Also, if baby is fully engaged and tucked right into your pelvis that would count for your bump getting smaller too. I am sure there is nothing to worry about, but I hope they get you scanned asap to put your mind at rest :hug:

I thought this was normally because they struggle to measure from exactly the same point on your pubic bone each time and with the little one dropping they can't get exactly where the head starts. Better safe than sorry sp glad they are checking you but I'm sure it will be fine xx

oh hun you seem to be going trhough it right now, i havent got any advice im fraid as im rubbish with these things. Hope they can get you scanned before little one makes an appearance and that he/she is just tucked down ready to come and play xxx

Thanks ladies, what would I do without this site! It is perfect and makes you feel so much better. I slept really well last night no contractions waking me up. Now I'll just wait to hear from the hospital but after all your comments I feel much better so BIG THANKS :) X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back