Confused about fertile days this month

Cori

Reaction score
The past 2 months, I had stretchy CM for 3 or 4 full days before I ovulated. I wasn't taking my temperature, but I got ovulation pains the day after I got a positive OPK and then I got AF 14 days later.

This month, I got a bit of stretchy CM on Tuesday nigt, a bit on Wednesday night, none on Thusday or Friday and then a bit this morning. I haven't had a positive OPK yet or had any stomach ache. I've been testing twice a day instead of the usual once. Plus I've been taking my temperature this month and it hasn't shifted yet. Could I have missed the surge, or would my temperature have shifted if I had ovulated?

Btw, I'm not stessing, I am more relaxed about TTC this month, I'm just a bit confused about my fertile days this month, lol.

:hug: aww bless you, your temp normally shifts after ovulation what cycle day are you on? are you cycles regular? could the EWCM be leftovers from previous bding possibly?

i wouldn't have thought you'd have missd the surge as your temp hasn't shifted so keep bding and checking opks x

Not sure about the CM hun, but I think that your temp would have gone up if you had OV'd.

Keep BDing hun :hug: :hug:

Thanks guys :)

I'm on CD12. When I came off the pill, my first cycle was 30 days, my 2nd was 25 days and my last one was 24 days. But last time I came off the pill, it did go up and down a couple of days every month. So I've got till Tuesday to ovulate for it to be a 28 day cycle this month.

I don't think it was leftovers from BDing, as we didn't BD for a few days before Tuesday. So it was definitely my CM that I saw. The test I did today had a barely visible line, but it's meant to as dark or darker to be a positive, so maybe that could be the start of it and I may get a darker line tomorrow? I'm going to do another test tonight anyway.

We have been BDing since Wednesday (weds was probably too early). We won't get a chance to BD today, but we will tomorrow, so I hope I don't mess it up by not trying today.

I must be more relaxed about it this month, as I've had 2 cups of coffee and 2 lots of Annadin Ultra today for a headache, which I wouldn't even have thought about doing last month. :lol:

:D yor doing much better then :hug: :hug:

still don't rush though cos if i'm right in thinking when you get a positive opk you then ovulate 12 - 36hours after so if you only getting a faint line there is still plenty of time :cheer:

Yeah, i guess so, but usually when I get a positive test at lunchtime, I ovulate the morning after. But maybe the test could have been positive if I'd have done it the evening before, so that would have been more than 24 hours.

But what I don't get is, if I don't ovulate till Tuesday, why have I been getting fertile CM since Tuesday night? Can you get it for that long? :think:

looking back i get stretchy cm for about 6 days or so pre OV but then 3 days or so before it then gets clearer more like ewcm and wetter.

Right, so if I didn't get it till Tuesday night, call that Weds, so that would be 5 days I've had it if I ovulate on Monday. So that sounds about right?

I've just done another test and still negative! Is it possible that a whole batch of ebay tests could be faulty?

I really dont think that the whole lot of tests will be faulty hun

I'm gonna do another test in an hour. If this is negative, that means I'll still be trying tomorrow aswell! We're not giving the sperm a chance to rejuvante at this rate! :think:

Ok, I did another 2 tests just now. The ebay one had no line at all and the Boots one had a very faint line. Something's not right :think: I hope I haven't missed my surge with the ebay tests. I know my temp hasn't raised yet, but maybe I'm not gonna ovulate this month? :(

Cori said:
Ok, I did another 2 tests just now. The ebay one had no line at all and the Boots one had a very faint line. Something's not right :think: I hope I haven't missed my surge with the ebay tests. I know my temp hasn't raised yet, but maybe I'm not gonna ovulate this month? :(

Hun, I know its difficult but try not to get too worried about it all, it sounds like your really stressing and it isnt going to help you at all.

Why dont you just leave the OPKs now and just babydance everyother day or so when you think you could be ovulating, or a for a few more days just to be on the safe side?

Easier said than done but if you put too much pressure on its not going to help you!!!!

Best of luck chicken, enjoy it! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hun, your really not helping yourself with all this stressing. You could even delay OV if you get too stressed.

My consultant said to BD 2-3 times per week throughout the month and that is pleanty to get PG.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Youre getting regular periods so I wouldnt worry about not ovulating. I also wouldnt stress about lines on opks either as i dont think they are that accurate, seems you can miss surges easily on them - best thing to do is just have sex often really and you've got as much chance as you would have temping or peeing on sticks. :hug:

Thanks guys, I know I said I wasn't gonna stress this month! :doh:

I'm relying too much on the OPKs, cos they have shown positive the past 2 months.

Anyway, I've had stomach cramps since 1.30 this afternoon, like I usually do when I ovulate, so that's a good sign, isn't it? So if I did a test at 11pm last night and another at 12pm today, could I have missed the surge? Cos I did the tests 13 hours apart. Is it possible for a surge to only last 12 hours?

If I am ovulating now, this cycle will be 26 days, which is only 2 days longer than the last one, so that sounds about right for me, as they usually differ 1 or 2 days when I come off the pill.

How much higher does your temperature have to be from the day before for you to have ovulated? Is it at least 0.1?

My temerature has raised! For the past 5 days, it has been around 36.05 and this morning it was 36.38. Does that sound like I ovulated yesterday? Is that a big enough shift?

Hi Cori

You will have 3 raised temperatures in a row if you have ovulated. I chart on FF and it will only detect ovulation after raised temperatures. If ou were getting Ov pains yesterday its possible that you missed the surge and ovulated yesterday.

Hope you caught the egg :hug:

Thank you! So if it's raised the next 2 days aswell, then I should have ovulated? So is that a high enough rise today? Is it possible for the surge to only last for 12 hours? I guess I was just lucky that the tests picked it up the past 2 months. It's a good thing I was taking my temperature this month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back