Confused about dates - please help!

coco_cukoo

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm a little confused. It's been 7 weeks, 3 days since my last menstrual cycle started. Because my cycle is about 34 days long and I ovulated on CD 21 everywhere says I'm only 6 weeks 3 days. So what happened to the other week?!?! I thought the weeks were counted from the first day of period??

If someone can clear it up for me that would be great lol, thank you! xx

I thought it was from the 1st day of your last period...have you been onto a date predictor on line? One where you can put your cycle length in? That might help?

Probably more to do with your cycle length. As I have a cycle length of 31 days. I got a pregnancy of 3 more days on a normal cycle of 28 days but I ignored that as I know my cycle is 31 days.

Also when you have your first scan you will find that you may differ in dates as the egg can implant days after fertilisation causing changes in dates. x

Last edited:
Yeah have done an online thing. It just confuses me cos it says I'd be 6 weeks but it's been 7 weeks since 1st day of cycle. I know exactly when I ovulated cos I charted too. Maybe I'll just wait 2 weeks for my appt with midwife & ask her to explain where my week has disappeared to lol. Xx

Dating from the first day of your last period assumes that you have an average 28 day cycle and ovulate 2 weeks into that. I assume you've put conception date rather than LMP date into the calculator, and as you ovulated 3 weeks into your cycle rather than 2 weeks that makes you a week less pregnant than you would be using your last period date to calculate x

Hi, I've been putting the LMP date into the predictors not conception date which is why I was confused. Only 2 weeks to go til appt! Lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back