conflicting advice

Sarah&Braydon

Reaction score
As some of u know Braydon has been suffering with wind terribley for a while now! wel i took him to docs today as he is getting more n more in pain he asked how i was given braydon his juice (beaker or bottle) and i sed been trying wiht a beaker for about 2-3 months now but still not taking it that well, he has told me to take him off the beaker as its prob the wind and not to try again till his at least a yr!!
i thought babies were ment to be on a beaker by a yr!!
a few months ago i saw another GP (locam) who moaned at me for still giving Braydon a bottle
so i think im gonna stay with a bottle for a little longer

Ella will only take from a bottle too. she just cant work out what to do witha beaker and pulls her face! I would let Braydon guide you hun. Its annoying whe you get told different things isnt it, you then dont know what to do for the ebst.

Hi hope this is of help to you.

Im a nursery nurse well and soon to be a mum and well i think you should just see what braydon is happiest with. There is no age that states when they should come off a bottle, i work with babies/ toddlers that some are on a beaker as soon as they can take it, or 16 months that are still using bottles there are no right or wrongs all children develop differently. It's whatever you and braydon are happy with.
Also if you are still having problems see your health visitor she is the best person to help you.

Hopefully this has been of help. PM me if you need anything else.

Take Care

thanks hun i tried ringing my HV but shes on hols back tomoz he still seems to be suffering with wind alot still and he has been of the beaker for nearly a week so im thinking its prob not that

good make sure you get in touch with her.

Iv just PM you to give more info dont know how useful it is though

sarah are you giving him a lot of pasta and fresh or frozen veg as this can sometimes give wind.

my dh suffers with bad wind if he eats chicken, olive oil, white bread, sunflower oil, cheese, too much milk.

it is a case of trial and error. plus my dh's stomach really swells up;.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back