Coming off the pill and catching so fast the reason why?

twinkles

Reaction score
I have been thinking is the reason I miscarried our baby because I caught so soon after coming off the pill? I was on the pill for 12 years, came off end of may and had my period after 30 days then while waiting for second period which never came I had my BFP, just wondering could my egg not have been a very good one after coming off the pill? X

i doubt it hunney, i so know several girls who caught the first one and had happy health babies. I was off the pill for 6 months and ntnp when i got pg. I completely understand why you are doing it but searching for reasons will leave you with no answers and frustrated. for the majority of women there is no definable cause. i had been in malaysia, taking anti malarials, going to altitude climbing mountains etc and I refuse to analyse what and why my mmc happened. If i do that i won't leave the house next time i get pregnant. searching for reasons won't make it hurt less :hug:

No twinkles, the same happened to me.
Was on the pill for over 10 yrs, and like you came off had one period - then my next never came
I was pregnant with my son. he is here , a very alive and kicking 2 yr old!
xx

:( I was also on anti malaria tablets in may but didn't come off pill until I finished them, horrible I know but it was just a thought x

with my son, i didnt realise i was pregnant and was out drinking, smoking, doin shots he is fine.
like i said in my thread to lynette about tampons - my last one i was so so so careful.
this time i know i done nothing.
it is just the luck of the drawer at conception, a bad egg, a bad sperm, chromosone missing or extra - who knows .
but its not our fault!!
like my mw said to me a good one will hang on for dear life, if they go its because something wasnt right.
i know this now is so true,
dont beat yourself up. xx

:( I was also on anti malaria tablets in may but didn't come off pill until I finished them, horrible I know but it was just a thought x

i dont know anything about malaria tablets hun, just dont blame yourself.
you made sure you finished before coming off the pill.
it really is just one of those things. xxx

i had had the holiday booked for so long and had to go out to malaysia anyway with work. it was a toss up onc ei found out i was pg, and now i'm glad we went, OH proposed while we there so something good came out of it. working out dates i lost my lo very early on in the holiday, so it unlikely to be any of those things. the research i had done before hand suggested that there was no risk with malaria tablets, just a lack of information to demonstrate their safety conclusively. and its better to take antimalarials that risk getting malaria whilst pregnant which can be fatal for mum and baby.

I understand we will never know I just never want to go through this again so guess I'm just ruling things out but like u say we can't! Thanks girls x

i know where you are coming from, i'm so worried about next time xxx

what dysco said don't try to find a reason because you will drive yourself crazy :wall:

i questioned me climbing mountains while pregnant, using sweetener on my tea instead of sugar, having an easy case of tonsilitis that i decided to leave untreated as i had no fever, doing too much housework, putting pesticide to kill the weeds in the garden, not taking acid folic the first 2 weeks or before etc etc..........i can go on forever and next time not get out of the house or eat lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back