Colic/angry crying

SunnyGirl

Reaction score
I'm really worried my little boy cries so angrily. Could he have colic? He gets wind badly. It's just the red-faced, angry crying he does. So worrying. Anyone else have advice?

Does sound a bit like colic - try infacol & I think there's other stuff you can get from Holland & Barrat too. Infacol worked for us with my first, she was very colicky after going from breast to bottle feeding.

:)

We've got him on the infacol. The poor love, it does help a bit. I read this can last months. Bless him. He just gets so worked up :(

It could be colic but normally they do a high a I am in pain scream rather than an angry cry.

How old is he? When do he do it? How is he sleeping? Georgie used to do a frustrated angry cry when she fought sleep. Days or crying in temper from her until I figured it out x

Sent from my BlackBerry 8900 using Tapatalk

He does it more at night - never thought of it as fighting sleep! He starts clawing his face, too :(

Hey hun our LO is the same (she's 6 weeks tomorrow) and we had her on the infacol but it upset her tummy! I always wind her a few times throughout her feed now and she's so much better!

Her grotty time is also at night and from what I've heard/ read this is really common!

HTH xxx

Sent from my nearly buggared iPhone!!

Does he stop when he gets a cuddle? Kynon does an angry cry, more at night and it does stop a lot of the time when I either feed him or cuddle him, needy boys!

He gets worse for being cuddled! He pushes us away and everything - so strong. He relaxes a bit if we put our little finger in his mouth - need to get him a pacifier because it's the only thing that works to calm him down. He's fine in the day - it's just at night. His grotty time - love that term, Smith! xx

He he I could think of better words when I'm tired and wanna sleep and she's grotty! This is the polite term lol!

Between 7pm and 11pm Freya cluster feeds....so we just get laid out on the bed, chill and watch tv and feed! I actually love this time of night now we have sussed how to keep her calm! Plenty of winding and plenty of feeding and she then sleeps 11pm to 6pm.....it's lovely and chilled....mummy, daddy and Freya all chilling and watching tv lol.....think I'll miss it once she starts going to bed earlier!! :(

Xxx

Sent from my nearly buggared iPhone!!

:) we thought Georgie had colic but it turned out to be a dairy intolerance she was a different baby once I cut dairy out of my diet.

Before we found this out tho I was discussing with the HV about her wind and pain, she would scream and either pull her knees up or straighten her body as stiff as a board. HV was adamant it was colic and had me try colief it's expensive but supposed to be great. Did not work for us like but it's not for intolerance's lol georgie could scream from 3pm till gone 12 midnight and they did sod all for us the midwife at breastfeeding group diagnosed her better than a Doctor!

Thing is it was then I found out that they don't actually know what colic is or what causes it, they use colic as a term for unexplained crying for periods longer than 3 hours.....what we term colic is actually trapped wind!

Dunno how old your little one is as I can't see sigs but gripe water is good for settling tummys xx

It could be him fighting his sleep hun, especially if he wants to suck for comfort. Brooke was like this and at about 7 weeks we gave her a dummy and it really calms them down. In fact the first night I gave it to her she slept for 8 hours! Deffo worth using if only for the first few weeks. Have you got Tommee Tippee bottles? They normally give a free dummy in their sets x

Aww bless he is tiny!! 4 weeks for gripe water I think hun although I gave Georgie it at 3 weeks (just half the amount)

I know it's awful to hear them cry at any age but that small is heart breaking.

I dunno if it could be fighting sleep at that age....I mean they are hardly awake!

Have you tried the colic hold? What happens when you do? Xx

Aww bless he is tiny!! 4 weeks for gripe water I think hun although I gave Georgie it at 3 weeks (just half the amount)

I know it's awful to hear them cry at any age but that small is heart breaking.

I dunno if it could be fighting sleep at that age....I mean they are hardly awake!

Have you tried the colic hold? What happens when you do? Xx

It is so heartbreaking - his little face all in pain and saying "help me" :'(

What's the colic hold? Sounds intriguing...
I have to find this 'I love you' massage on YouTube. Already baby bicycling - he's not sure about that one, bless! :love:

xxx

I remember the cycling all too well from when I had my son.

Colic hold is hard to explain (prob another one to look up on utube or google) but best way I can put it is lying their tummy along your forearm so their head is near your elbow and your hand hold them between the legs. The gentle pressure on their tummy can be comforting and if you are comfortable enough to hold them with one hand/arm you can use the other to rub their back. Georgie used to love being in this position and I used to rock her.

you could also try a deep warm bath in the proper bath (dunno if you have) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back