Cold Turkey on Dummy

bethanyann

Reaction score
After spending several weeks putting Eva's dummy back in a million times a night, I decided enough is enough and have taken her dummy off her completely. I started yesterday, she was absolutely fine during the day. Settled on me for naps like normal. She had a bit of a funny at her 4pm nap, but tbh I think she had gotten over tired by then. She went to sleep fine at night, took her 45 mins of grumbling, but I didn't have to go upstairs once as she didn't cry, just sort of winged or talked a bit.

She resettled herself a few times during the night but then woke at 4pm really upset. I tried to soothe her but in the end gave her a bottle. She drunk it all so was obviously hungry (she normally has a bottle at 5am anyway, so no real issue) But she then woke at 6.30, which I have no issue with, but she was still sooooo tired, rubbing her eyes and crying hysterically and she never ever wakes up for the day crying so I knew she needed to go back to sleep, but she just wouldn't. Now I have a very tired little lady.

I guess my question is, can you think of anything I could offer her as an alternative to a dummy?! A comforter teddy or something?! I don't know what they are allowed in their cribs. I just feel so awful to have taken the thing she uses for comfort away from her, but it needed to be done really :-(

Funnily enough I've decides to wean LO off his dummy, read somewhere its easiest to wean them off by 6 months so I bought a 'cwtchy' as I know it as, guess non Welsh people would call it a comforter lol. It's basically a lil teddy holding a soft fleece, I put Lo to bed and maps with it because he like something soft on his face and when he's asleep I just take it away for safety sake. Worked a treat so far x

Hmm tricky one, yeah maybe try a comforter teddy. I think I'm gonna use a dummy a bit longer at night, but I don't have the putting it back in problem. One day I will take it away but for now it's ok x

Hey
Ive never used a dummy with my LO, he likes the feel of toweling so he has a little square that Ive cut for him he holds it and rubs it on his face. So its defo worth a try xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back