co-sleeping/feeding position help please!

fothers

Reaction score
We bring Maisie into bed with us normally around 5am when she is awake then but I am thinking of trying co-sleeping all the time to see if it helps all our feeding problems.

What I want to know really is where LO lies in comparison to you and OH and how do you get them to feed off both boobs?

When she comes in she lies between us and I lie facing her so she gets the bottom boob but how do you feed the other one- do you need to turn over and have them near th outside of the bed? worried about her falling out.

Also what do you do about bed covers and stuff? Our house is quite cold so would def need some sort of covers, esp if sleeping topless :wink:

Any suggestions would be lovely :)

Hi fothers,

I'm not sure if I'll help you much as I'm quite big busted (F cup). DD would always lie in between me and OH and lie on my upper arm which I had crooked under her head and curled round her body and she'd feed off both boobs from there - it wasn't very structured, but it worked.

The alternative is swopping sides with OH in the middle of the night which I have also done and went down like a lead balloon each time it was time to change over!

I have quite a warm house and am always hot anyway so me keeping warm was never an issue. Do you think you'll still feel the cold during the summer? If so, could you wear a vest top and pull the feeding boob/boobs out of the top. I know that's not ideal or very warm, but it might help?

Let us know how you get on.

Valentine Xxx

hey fothers :wave: Im still cosleeping with dd and dh is still on the sofa!! we sleep facing each other on our sides if that makes sense. I have my arm over the top of her head so i cant roll over. Then when she wakes up stick a boob in her mouth, or if shes just faffing change sides of the bed, shes always in the middle. I would agree that it should help feeding probs as its there on tap and sometimes they just like to be close and suckle... I have the cover up to my waist and up to her middle, or sometimes not at all depends how warm it is.

Good Luck, hope it helps :hug:

My OH doesn't sleep in bed with us all the time at the moment as he has to get upearlyfor work and prefers a full nights sleep. What I do is put Cally in a grobag and tuck the duvet away from her - and will move her when it comes to swapping sides. I have the crib next to the bed so she can't fallout that side, on the other side I either make sure she is far from the edge or I have OH/Seren there.

I sleep with Ellie on the outer side and have a bed guard up so she cant fall out, I tend to feed her from just that boob in the night and then feed from other for last feed and first feeds (unless shes up alot in the night then i swap her to other side and kick hubby on settee :lol:) We prefer it that way as hubby is a deep sleeper :) x

I really didn't worry about co-sleeping and feeding at all with Isaac, either in between OH and I or on the outside, I always cradled hm in my arm and so never believed he would fall out as it were. I do know it can happen, so I would just suggest an old mattress, or lots of pillows/a duvet, laid alongside the bed on the floor, so if LO did roll out then they'd be cushioned. Very best wishes with it, I'm sure LO will love it if you decide to do it, very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

happy_chick said:
I sleep with Ellie on the outer side and have a bed guard up so she cant fall out, I tend to feed her from just that boob in the night and then feed from other for last feed and first feeds (unless shes up alot in the night then i swap her to other side

This is what we do :D

We have this bed rail in pink!

http://www.lindam.com/store/rail.html

Thank you everyone- we had our first decent nights sleep in 8 weeks :cheer:

She stayed in her cot til she woke at 11.30 then came in and lay in the middle and at about 3am OH and I swapped sides so she could access the other boob.

As she lay on her side and me on mine there was plenty room too.

Think I will look at getting a bed guard too.

I hope this continues to work then maybe I won't need to resort to formula after all as she can feed away to her hearts content during the night

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I think they do start faffing as they get older lol, its the sword we have to bear :rotfl: Dave got a bed guard yesterday coz shes rolling round the bed at 4 in the morning wanting to play :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back