Cloth nappies - causing nappy rash

Babylicious

Reaction score
Everytime I put harry in cloth by the end of the day his little bum is so red and sore. Its really bad today so I think I'm gonna stop using cloth :(

:( oh not good

We haven't had that problem at all

What are you using to wash them? Could be the soap powder irritating his bum

Thats odd :(

I use the fairy non bio liquid and have had no problems but did use to use the tabets. Switched cos I found out the liquid makes them clean better ;)

Have you tried some kamosillan (sp) to help clear it up?

Do you use paper liners?

Kamillosan works SO well! I love it. Also, try fleece liners. We justy got some (only 60p each) and they are sooooo soft and Jacob's bum never feels damp. What kind of nappies do you use? We haven't had a nappy rash yet! (I've used kamillosan on his other rashes and on myself.)

awww :(

you might need to strip them hun, wash them with nothing on a cold wash,give them a full dose of whatever detergant you use and then lots and lots of rinses until the water is running clear from them.

We have never had a nappy rash from cloth. Could it be tething rash?

Stanley gets a sore bum with cloth sometimes and I know why. They contain the smell of poo much better than disposable so I occasionly 'miss' it when he pooes and by the time regular change time comes around he's sore. :(

It's not so bad now he has a regular routine (poo after breakfast and mid-afternoon) but I still slip up occasionally. It is easier when he's in a disposable, as the whole room smells of nuclear waste as soon as he's been :roll: :lol:

Know how you feel and I'm so annoyed about it, especially as all the real nappy sites say that if LO's got nappy rash it's your fault! We wash with eco balls, don't use wipes, use fleece liners and change really frequently and he still gets the nappy rash. He does have sensitive skin and is prone to excema, so I'm wondering if he's just one of those babies who doesn't suit real nappies. Have you tried the eco-balls? Might be worth a shot.

Could be teething rash but it was so sore :(

I use the paper liners as he poos loads :oops: I do have some fleece liners so will try those. Been using sudocreme and having nappy off time x

Babylicious said:
Could be teething rash but it was so sore :(

I use the paper liners as he poos loads :oops: I do have some fleece liners so will try those. Been using sudocreme and having nappy off time x

Could be the paper liners. I use them too and we've never had any problems but try just the fleecy ones and see how he gets on :D

Maybe try a different brand of paper liners :D

True that, ive heard a lot getting a rash from the paper liners.

But yes true what Bee said try the fleece ones.

I dont use any liners and ive never had any staining.

I use liners as Finlay EXPLODES half the time :lol: Easier to clean up ;)

I like the feel of the fleecy liners :lol:

if you need to use paper liners then put a fleece liner under it to keep any wee comming bk onto the bum.. try that.. xx and cornflour is great you can use it every nappy change if you need to xx

Loads of babies are allergic to Fairy non-bio. I would try putting your nappies on a really hot wash with something like Ecover non-bio with an extra rinse and see if that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back