• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Classes

xx.kelly

Reaction score
Has anyone been to ante-natal classes?

I would really like to go but i don't have a midwife and am unsure who to contact about going to NHS ones.

For anyone that has been...are they really useful? And for people who haven't been...are you planning on going and do you have information about where i can find details of some?

Thanks in advance :)

The NHS don't offer much. they offer parent craft to show you the hospital.

NCT is the best place to start www.nct.org.uk

They offer parents great help as well as classes :D

I'm going to hypnobirthing classes too and yoga classes to learn breathing techniques x x

My hubby and I started ours on Wednesday and it was the one done by Sure Start / Midwives. There were 5 couples there and the midwife started off by running through what happens during labour and birth, then brought out the dolly and the pelvis model to show how the baby turns to come through. After that was a bit of a waste of time as she made us mingle and put cards into order - going through everyone's cards rather than just the answers. The washable nappy rep came too which was also interesting because we want to use them but there are so many and it's an expensive initial outlay to buy them. For a free course, it was definately worth going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back